Manual Fader

ahelgorahelgor Registered User
I have a feeling this has already been covered, but here it is anyway..

How about possibility to make one fader a manual fader, like on the II? or maybe just when holding down choose, fader would be manual? or the main choose+fader would make it manual fader? Theres prob many solutions, But i sometimes miss the possibility to temporarily operate a quelist manual.. For example in a quelist when you have 5 ques thats only positions for movers following a actor over the stage..

Comments

• bellonsbellons Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited April 2006
    actually it's something you can already do. Simply in the cuelist options, fader section, you have to assign it as manual crossfade. As you move your fader upward and downward you're crossfading between different cues. If you haven't reached the very bottom or top end you're still in time to go back to the previous cue. Hope i've been clear enough enjoy:hogsign:
  • ahelgorahelgor Registered User
    edited April 2006
    Yes, of cource,I know that you can do that, but i don't wan't to have the fader permanent as a manual fader..
  • Carl KoytuCarl Koytu Registered User
    edited April 2006
    Hi there
    I´m new in working with Whole Hog, trying to get into working with HogIII. I´ve been working a lot with the cuelist options, trying to find my way around. I like very much to be able to have physical control of the movement, so therefor the manuel option in the cuelist options is of speciel interest for me. Though I would like still to be able to control the movement, when the fader is at the top position, and not to loose control the movement there. Might that be a possible improvement of the software.

Best regards - looking forward to your answer
    Carl Koytu
  • srautanesrautane Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited April 2006
    ahelgor wrote:
    Yes, of cource,I know that you can do that, but i don't wan't to have the fader permanent as a manual fader..

Hmm...there are many thing that can be solved, when macros are implemented.

Like you could launch macro from cue which changes options.
    I remember in Hog2 I had a macro launched from cuelist which adjusted trackball sensitivity...
    edited April 2006
    Yes, very true.. only thing is that little "when"..
  • teericksonteerickson Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited May 2006
    Carl,

Currently when working with a cuelist that has a manual crossfader, when you reach the fader limit the fade is completed and moving the fader in the other direction fades into the next cue.

Enhancement 6004 discusses implementation of an IPCB crossfader that would remain in the current cue, allowing you to fade in and out of that look. With this functionality you would need to advance the list manually using the play / pause, skip forward / skip backward, or goto keys.

Is this what you're looking for?
    edited May 2006
    don't forget my request at the beginning of the thread;)
    -A way to make a quelist fader "temporarily" manual!

Cheers,
  • Carl KoytuCarl Koytu Registered User
    edited May 2006
    hi Tom
    Thank you for your reply - yes that is exactly what I am looking for. Is there a posibility for obtaining that option?

regards
    Carl Koytu
  • teericksonteerickson Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited May 2006
    Carl,

Yes. That functionality is currently logged as a feature request. It hasn't been assigned to a developer yet, so I'm not sure when it will be implemented, but it is Hog2 functionality that is missing, so it is high on our priority list. I've added your comments to the request.

Thanks.