X Wing support

Why was support for this discontinued? This was expensive and I would still like to use mine.
  • At the time we developed the playback bar docking feature (3.10) it was determined that the development effort to keep this particular piece of equipment was too high given its age and the number of units in the field. While we know that those who use this wing love it, it simply became too complicated to keep it developing along with the rest of the family.

If you have been using the wing since the release of 3.10 and you haven't noticed any problems with it, go ahead and keep on using it in the way you do now.

What the discontinuation of support means is that we will not be actively working to keep this wing up to date with Hog 4 feature development, and we are not specifically testing this wing when we do new versions. It does not mean we are removing the ability to use it, but if you do find a situation where it no longer seems to work, it's possible we won't be able to fix that particular problem, and your options would be to work with the wing in a way that you know works, or to revert to an earlier version of the software.
  • I just programmed a tour with it. And it works fine, the only thing you cant use is the docking feature. But with that wing you shouldnt need it.
    Also the refresh of the playbackbar graphics sometimes lags a bit. But after pressing go or another button the refresh is there.
  • "It does not mean we are removing the ability to use it,"

From 3.17.0 release notes:
    "X-Wing Deprecation
    Hog 4 OS consoles and Hog 4 PC no longer support the X-Wing product and
    the code for any basic functionality has been removed"

Why doesn't the forum honor carriage returns any more? I included carriage returns and double spaces after periods. The formatting on this post looks abysmal.