Updating Hog 4 and Hoglet 4

When updating to the newest version of Hog 4pc, does the Hoglet4 update as well or does it need to be updated? We are currently running Hog 4pc version 3.9.0. we have tried updating to newer versions but don't get and playback or dmx outputting, so we have resented back to version 3.9.0.
  • Hi,
    When you update the software are the playbacks docked and are any widgets assigned?
    I believe the docking feature came after v3.9.0
    Docking - Press setup>Wings and then assign the Hoglet in the drop down.
    Widgets - Setup>Network>Network processor>then assign from the drop down list the widget/outputs

Hopefully a simple fix.
  • I confirmed that it is docked and the widget is assigned. I also unassigned the superwidget and reassigned it, but still no output. Tried the same with docking, and still nothing. Resented back to version 3.9.0 and everything works like normal. Just can't seem to update to any versions past it and get them to output. Also tried 3.10 and 3.11 and nothing outputted. Not sure why. Am I installing it right. Before installing, I went to add or remove programs and uninstalled hog version 3.9.0 before installing version 3.13.0. it installs normally and upon start up it automatically pulls up our show file from 3.9.0, so I'm not sure if everything was properly uninstalled before installing the new versions. We have been having some issues every now and then on version 3.9.0 with the board loosing the server and becoming unresponsive. It's a easy fix for me to press pig+open+ backspace and restart the server and/or playback bar, but would really like to update to fix some glitches fixed in updated versions, and can't seem to get it to work on newer versions. When I click the lightbulbs symbol in dmx processor 8000 settings under dmx widget tab, all the buttons on the board flash, so I know it's assigned, just confused as to why there is no playback. I also downloaded the full install version and stuck it on a USB drive and placed it in the back of the Hoglet4 and it just reads the same as the computer. Tried setting it up and it tries to run dabiem. I'm pretty sure that is for the full consoles and not for Windows running Hog 4pc with the Hoglet4 widget. Hoping we can get this updated soon. Thanks
  • Hi,
    If you get the opportunity to install 3.13 follow everything you have done above including docking/assignment of widgets and then log off the show and then restart and see what happens.
    Is this happening with a new show or old show or both?
    I'll go through the posts but I did see a post that mentioned a few Hoglet systems having a very similar issue which was down to a Windows issue rather than Hog pc issue .

Best C
  • Im having an issue trying to follow directions for upgrading the software. The tutorial videos show an option to update software on the start up window but I dont have that option. Is there some other source to show me thru this? Im also trying to connect to a visualizer so if theres anything else I should know about that besides updating the software, please do tell.
  • There are two different types of CONSOLE software updates. The first is to do a full install, which is essentially a new operating system. The other is a console upgrade, which essentially means dragging the files onto a USB stick, and browsing to the files from the start screen. This feature is not always an option for each update, as it depends on what level of the architecture of the software has changed. Most of the time you will have to do a full install.

for Hog 4 PC, you would install the software just like any other PC based software, you run the MSI file/installer, and windows will handle the rest.

29.1: Console Software Update
    29.2: Console Software Full Install

A list off all software versions, the files, and release notes can be found here

Regarding connecting to a visualizer, the process is mostly the same for each one, but there are several ways to connect

Which visualizer are you using?