OSC Expansion

I was doing a project where it would of been helpful to get the cue list names back to TouchOSC as a label. That way we could see what cue we are in (and it's name) in touch osc as a remote.

Please and Thank you!

Comments

• bowtiebowtie Registered User
    You can, sort of.

Link a cuelist to a command and call it up on a function button. # is the number corresponding to the function key.

/hog/status/h#/line1 gives the name

/hog/status/h#/line2 gives current cue

• datadriverdatadriver Registered User, HES Staff
    Multiple lists might be running simultaneously, which implies a different OSC path per list. Which one would you put on touchOSC, and how does the console know to send it? I think what you are asking for is the ability to send an OSC message when a cue runs, and the ability to specify its path.
  • Noah_AllenNoah_Allen Registered User, HES Staff
    This has been logged as H4OS-6013 Thank you for your request and feedback.
  • rosswillrosswill Registered User, Hog Beta
    I have multiple request for OSC please. As Bill has requested above, the ability to report back current cue and cue name for lists and scenes as the command keys do and as I'm told EOS can. Secondly the ability to target non-hard key functions so that you can specify directory items such as groups or palettes using the same path style you can with cues. Lastly the option to send OSC data back to multiple IP addresses as I believe other consoles support.
  • Noah_AllenNoah_Allen Registered User, HES Staff
    Hello, This has been logged as H4OS-6087
  • MLorenzMLorenz Registered User, Hog Beta
    In short terms: copy what EOS does ;)
  • thiseltonthiselton Registered User, Hog Beta
    I second MLorenz's comment, EOS has pretty much every command, keystroke, and system function mapped to a OSC string. OSC would become infinitely more powerful for us if we had OSC strings that were as robust as that. Think of the buttons and monitors we could make on our iPads, it would be amazing.