HOG2PC : midi fader and wheel

Good evening everyone...
I hopelessly seek the syntax to be able to control the faders and the wheels in midi, because the handbook wholehogII is not very clear.
I want to control all that with a Novation SL25 (www.novationmusic.com/), all that is button it's ok, all which is not fader and wheels it's problem... If somebody can propose the syntax to me in the midimap.txt that has to use would be wonderful.
Thank's for your competences ;)

Christophe.
  • you need to send two commands in a sequence to operate the faders and the wheels.. it is actually explained in the manual..

You have to send a "fader_val" value, and then a "note on" value to select which fader you want to move.. as far as i know, you can't do that with the novation.. you need to run it through a "midimapper" like Midi-Ox to be able to send two commands..

i think the standard setting for "fader_val" is CC:65 and "wheel_val" is CC:66, "fader" note is a "note on:11" and "wheel" note is a "note on:15" it's been a while since, so i might remember wrong though. and the note velosity chooses which fader/wheel..

fyi: I made a little guide to set up Hog2 series with the behringer bcf2000 a while back, it's on my website with all the files and descriptions included. you could use the midi-ox setup i've made, and then tweak it to your needs/midicontroller..
  • Hello Anders, Your guide is very interessant. Thank you. With midiox, is what you know how to make to control the faders hogpc by sending several orders in same time, and, can you give me an example, because I looked at your files which you made for the beringher and I did not see a parametrage of faders. In advance thank you - cordially

Christophe. "despaired" ;)
  • I'm not shure if i quite understand what youre asking.. but, Yes it's midi-ox that "transforms" regular midimessages into two midimessages that Hog2pc understands..Is it the mapping in midi-ox, or the setup of the behringer you couldn't find out of? The prameters in the midimap that deals with faders are the CC64 ones whitch receives from you controller on channel 1-8for the 1-8faders, and 9+10 for manual+gm fader.. There are two "lines" or entry's in the midimap for each fader.
  • Hello Anders,
    I advance slowly with the faders and the wheels.
    I have understood how functions midiox thanks to your explanations.
    Thank you very much I have when same a large problem with the midimap.txt of the hog which do not want to include the faders and the wheels.
    I you sending the file that I made, if you can say to me what does not go, because really, I does not understand. In advance thank you and I am grateful to you. Christophe

the midimap.txt file :

Sversion = 40
    ; NB: MIDI Note & Controller numbers range from 1 to 128
    group_menu = note:1
    position_menu = note:2
    colour_menu = note:3
    beam_menu = note:4
    macro_menu = note:5
    page_menu = note:6
    fader = note:11
    lh_tool = note:12
    rh_tool = note:13
    keypad = note:14
    wheel = note:15
    touchpanel = note:16
    coord_x = controller:1
    coord_y = controller:2
    fader_val = controller:65
    wheel_val = controller:66
    ;go cueslist
    go:1 = note:31
    go:2 = note:32
    go:3 = note:33
    go:4 = note:34
    go:5 = note:35
    go:6 = note:36
    go:7 = note:37
    go:8 = note:38
    ;halt cues list
    halt:1 = note:23
    halt:2 = note:24
    halt:3 = note:25
    halt:4 = note:26
    halt:5 = note:27
    halt:6 = note:28
    halt:7 = note:29
    halt:8 = note:30
    skip_up = note:55
    skip_down = note:56
    ext_keys = note:18
    func_keys = note:19
    ;fader
    controller:65:127;NoteOn:1
    controller:65:127;NoteOn:2
    controller:65:127;NoteOn:3
    controller:65:127;NoteOn:4
    controller:65:127;NoteOn:5
    controller:65:127;NoteOn:6
    controller:65:127;NoteOn:7
    controller:65:127;NoteOn:8
    ;GM
    controller:65:127;NoteOn:32
    ;wheels
    controller:66:127;NoteOn:1
    controller:66:127;NoteOn:2
    controller:66:127;NoteOn:3

Excuse me for the length of the message, but it's a S.O.S!
  • I think i see what's causing your problems.. If i remember correctly I'm pretty shure you can't specify individual note on to use for the individual faders, therefor making the only needed info in midimap file is "fader_val" which should be a controller, and then a "fader" info that should be a noteon.. the differen't faders are "locked" into one note, whith velosity desiding which fader to move..same goes for wheels..

If you look in the midimap included in my download, you can see how i've mapped things.

Hope this helps, Anders
  • Anders, when I recopied the file, I obviously forgot the parameters of the notes, has to know:
    controller:65:127;NoteOn:11:1
    controller:65:127;NoteOn:11:2
    but that still does not function.

Best regard and thank you

Christophe.
  • thank you Anders, I had forgotten well by putting the file at the characteristic, but the problem always exists. With +
  • I made the modification, but anything done there! here what I modified:

I have evil has to understand why that do not want! curious isn'it ?
    A + Thanks
  • Ok,-i still don't understand some of your sentences, but i'll try to explain...
    You are trying to do things in midimap, which isn't nesesary, or possible.. becouse multiple entrys is not alowed in the midimap..
    i'm wondering what youre trying to acchieve with this one:
    This is what you need to send TO hog..from midiox, to put fader one and two to 100%.atleast almost, it should be:
    controller:65:127;NoteOn:11 with velosity:1
    controller:65:127;NoteOn:11 with velosity:2

The only thing you need(and are alowed) to put in hog's midimap when regarding faders and wheels is theese 4:

if you have theese controller and note numbers in your midimap,to operate fader one, you would need to send from your midi device, which in this case is Midi-ox.:

first a "controller:65" value, that is the posistion(0-127) of the fader, and then send a noteon:15 with intensity 1, to deside which fader the previous controller:65 value should operate.. sending a noteon:15 with intensity 2 would move fader:2.

You can't specify individual fader/wheel notes in the midimap.. you need to do that in midiox..

Anders
  • Dear Anders,
    Thanks you for you help, I applied your method ,
    I you sending the parameters for a fader (number 5) with the ASCII codes of midiox (67 is the channel of slider5 of my SL25novation) and the midimap corresponding all is well,
    but nothing goes... (the buttons it's always ok)
    curious!
    I same put version hogpc 177 in the doubt...and both version make similar

I do not see what I can of more !

thank you in advance has +
    and sorry of the disturbance.

Sversion = 40
    ; NB: MIDI Note & Controller numbers range from 1 to 128
    group_menu = note:1
    position_menu = note:2
    colour_menu = note:3
    beam_menu = note:4
    macro_menu = note:5
    page_menu = note:6
    lh_tool = note:12
    rh_tool = note:13
    keypad = note:14
    touchpanel = note:16
    coord_x = controller:1
    coord_y = controller:2
    skip_down = note:56
    ext_keys = note:18
    func_keys = note:19
    ;fader 5
    controller:65:127;NoteOn : 11 : 5

MOXMAP Version 5

[Map]
    1,Ctrl,67,67,*,*,Y,0,*,Ctrl,65,65,*,*
    1,Ctrl,67,67,*,*,N,0,*,NoteOn,11,11,5,5

[Options]
    WaitForFullNRPN=0
    MapNRPNDataIncr=0
    SendFullNRPN=0
    ReverseDataEntry=0

Christophe. :dunce:
  • Is the blue little "MAP" button on the bottom right of midiox's screen on?

And i still don't understand why you have theese lines in the midimap file:
    ;fader 5
    controller:65:127;NoteOn : 11 : 5
    -Just delete them.

Ah, I have one little thing that probably is caousing your problems.. Hogpc starts to count from 1-128, while Midi-ox counts from 0-127.. so therefor you need to subtract 1 from all your numbers in midi-ox..That goes for both controllernumber/notenumbers and velositynumbers.-Sorry that i din't spot that error sooner..

I Hope things work out now..
  • Dear Anders,

It's OK !!! Thanks you very much !!!
    In fact, I had not removed 1 at all the parameters, I thought that the velocity did not function like the CC Then, I believed that the faders on the screen were to move! and when I put wysiwyg, that functioned.
    And for the line of order that you made me erased, I had bad information, it is rather simple in fact!

I have a problem with the wheels, when I affect them on a encoder, I have very little resolution and it functions only about the middle of the course of the encoder. I can up or down the parameter well, but at a very small distance. I have tested with the lowval and highval of the encoder in my sl25 and with a parameter of wheel sensitivity in hog, but it's not this. If you have a new idea ...

Thank's a lot for your precieuse assistance. ;)

Christophe.
  • The wheels are a bit special, and i'm not shure you will be able to get them right with your Novation.. Your controller needs to be able to send relative +- commands, and the only midicontroller i know of that can do this is the beringer I used, in fact that's the reason i decided on that one..
    -So if your controller can't do this, i think youre out of luck on this one!

Anders
  • Hello Anders,
    I finished the programming of the SL 25, all is ok, except the wheels but it is not very important. Still thank you for your precieuse assistance.
    To the pleasure - regards

Christophe.
Related