Hog II Training

I'm from SE Asia,Brunei.
instead of suggesting me going to the other half of the globe to take the training. Is there any certified hog II trainer in asia or australia anywhere close or within Asia?

I can't efford to hire a trainer all the way here just to train.

I've known hog for about half a year now. Is it preferable to skip the Basic and go straight to Advance?
  • I suggest you contact our office in Singapore or Hong Kong as they probably have some people they can suggest for training.

HES Singapore Pte Ltd
    1 Tannery Road, # 06-05
    Cencon 1 Building
    Singapore 347719
    Phone: +65.67428266
    Fax: +65.67439322

Hong Kong
    Unit 1, 11/F
    Wellborne Commercial Centre
    8 Java Road
    Hong Kong, China
    Phone: +852.901.60216
  • there's arrangement going on already, just waiting for more news now

what exactly will be learning in basic and advance section?

I've been using hog2 for nearly 6 months now.

should i skip the basic and go into advance section?

or is it ok to take basic for the first 3 days and carry on advance right after that?
  • Hi Justin-
    As you would be getting private training (most likely from Koh), there's not really a need to specify whether you need advanced training or basic. With private training, we like to assess the trainee's level and then go from there. So, it is very important to let your trainer know where you are it the software. If you have very specific areas that you would like more information/practice on- we strive to spend more time on those.

Also- I like to remind people that even if you have been using the desk, it doesn't hurt to take even the basic training. A lot of times, you may learn a new trick or a new way to program something in a manner outside of what you've been doing.

You can be assured that your class will cover hardware, troubleshooting and file management. It will also cover patching, control options, playback, programming, updating, loading, control and input panels, palettes, offline editor, etc. All the good stuff you would want to use the Hog for. If you would like, I will be happy to email you a complete course outline.

Feel free to contact me directly if you have any further questions!
    Thanks
    Cat

Cat West
    High End Systems
    Wholehog Support/ Training
    +1.512.491.4229
    cat_west (at) highend (dot) com
  • yes, i was thinking of taking all the way from the beginning again.
    I'm sure i ought to miss out some neat tricks form the manual.
    Will there be a certificate be given on the last of the training to state as official trained or something like that? well it can prove useful at times

yes please, its justinpbrunei@gmail.com
  • Yes, we will be able to provide you with a certificate that indicates you have taken Hog II training.

I have sent the course outline to your email address.

Thanks
    Cat
  • the outline didn't indicate any of basic and advance level.
    or it is gonna be every section including basic , advance of the entire desk?

if there's basic and advance will it state on the certificate too?
  • Justin-
    What I emailed you was just a course outline. This is what we use for our 2 day group training sessions here in Austin. You can consult your trainer to find out exactly what he/she will teach you.

The certificates that we mail from High End only indicate that you have taken Hog II training. I should also mention that these certificates do not qualify anyone as any type of "official" HES or FPS programmer. There is no test to receive the certificate. The certificates do not mean anything except that you have taken a class made available from High End Systems (but they're pretty to look at).

Thanks
    Cat
  • Yes, i understand. but it indeed will prove i've taken proper training by hes trainer. nowadays, there's quite a lot of young programmer who study only a little of hog II and going around addressing themselves as a 'hog programmer'.

in terms, to make myself available to more work it can be very necessary.
    And clients wouldn't very much think that i'm one of those fooling around with only very simple knowledge of hog II. Since there isn't any training held much in a couple of years around this region, perhaps it might totally different in other part of the world

it sure doesn't mean i'm any official HES regconized. But it does come in handy at times. especially for someone like me who's in this field for just
    few years.

And of course I use hog for most of my shows, its better to learn more and advance further
Related