Soft key for kind mask (time)

Hi everyone,

Is there some opportunity to select any kind mask with soft keys in a macro?
For example: Group 1 color 1 record, than the kind mask pops up. But how can I choose the kind mask color for example with softkeys in a macro?

I'm searching for this to use it in a macro without screenpress actions.

Thank you in advance
  • There are no soft keys, but you can still achieve what you are looking for.
    You would hit the Kind buttons before recording.
    [ Colour ] [ Record ] [ Enter ] will only record color into the next cue on the chosen master
    [ Position ] [ Colour ] [ Record ] [ Enter ] will only record position and color into the next cue on the chosen master.
  • @maeganw12 thanks for your quick answer but I don't understand it.

What I'm doing now is this:
    I've recorded a pallate in my colour directory with a masked time, so the colour isn't stored in that pallate. This time could be fade in/out 1 sec and delay in/out 2 sec. Let's say it's colour pallate 15 for this example.

Beside this I've a cuelist with 3 cues, they have colours in it and I'll change the fade/delay time with colour pallate 15 by merging them. The cuelist is list 99.

Group 1 contains 10 rgb led fixtures.

So what I'll do on the console:
    [Group 1] [Colour 15] [Record] [Press on screen Kind Mask Time] [List 99] [Cue 1 thru] [Enter] [Merge]

How I can do this without a screenpress action?
  • By hitting the kind keys before hitting record. The kind keys are the buttons above your numeric keypad (Intensity, Position, Colour, Beam, Time, Effects). And if you're wanting to merge, then use the [ Merge ] button. So in your example it would be:

[Group] [1] [Colour] [15] [Enter] [Time] [Merge] [Cue] [1] [Thru] [Enter]

Those are all hard keys. There are no soft keys involved in the keystroke
  • A lot of Hog Syntax is based on Source Mask Command Options Destination.
    To break down your example:
    - Source = programmer where the fixtures in Group 1 are in the Colour palette
    - Mask = time since that is the only information that you want
    - Command = Merge
    - Options = there aren't any options in this case, but that would be the soft keys that pop up when you hit Merge
    - Destination = Cue 1 thru Enter in the cuelist

This video explains a lot about the syntax of the console. www.youtube.com/watch?v=3L761Ege1mA
  • @maeganw12 wow thanks alot! It worked, now I understand much better how it works!