Version Release

justinpmajustinpma Registered User
usually its always the latest version is the most preferable.

I've heard from hog programmer who's been on Hog II for years.
he said he prefer an old version instead of the new. But didn't state why.

I've try to check the release archieve, but there's no show of any features up and bugfix on all the version so far. is there any site i can know more about the update of every version.

Comments

• bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited April 2006
    Justin,

The Wholehog 2 O/S has not changed in over 3 years. The only changes have been to Hog 2PC and these have mostly been ROM library updates. In fact the final year of Wholehog 2 O/S changes was also primarily ROM changes as well.

You can find the list of bug fixes for Hog 2PC in the release notes available with the download.
  • justinpmajustinpma Registered User
    edited April 2006
    i see, yup already check the hog2pc list.

is there anyway to use the 'Group,Focus,Color,Beam' button for pressing I,C,B,F,T masking on the screen instead of using the touchscreen or the mouse?.

just like the Hog3 >?
    edited April 2006
    Unfortunately the masking functions of the Wholehog 2 system require you to use the touchscreen or mouse as they appear on the toolbars.

However, if you are brave you can go to the control panel and turn off the option "Top left buttons do views". Then the buttons above the top left touch screen on a Wholehog 2 console will actually work on the main command line. Then you are able to press those buttons and select your masking. I do not really suggest this however as it is very strange to use those buttons for the command line located on the other side of the desk.
  • justinpmajustinpma Registered User
    edited April 2006
    yes, it will be rather weird having buttons on the left to interact with the command on the right. And i wouldn't want to lose function of the views.
    Perhaps I'll make a macro of whiching on and off the 'top left buttons' feature. who knows I just might the the hang of it.
    edited April 2006
    You can of course still trigger your views with the touch screen if you have small fingers (or a pointer device) or even the mouse. Again though I personally think that this feature is a bit silly and is really only there in the even of a touch screen failure.