Hog II lagging

justinpmajustinpma Registered User
I'm not sure which version, i'll remember to check it tomorrow.

here's the problem, i saved quite alot of views.
everytime i pressed on the one of the views i saved. it load very slowly that even cause the desk to stop sending dmx for around 2-3second.
Oh, i'm using 2 external monitor. the views are mostly using on it too.

anyone who come across this and know the reason
drop me a line.

Comments

• bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited April 2006
    Justin,

I am guessing that you have saved a view with the "Change Show" window open someplace (it might be under some other windows). If so then this will cause the problem you describe as it is trying to access the floppy drive when you recall the view. You can check this by watching the LED on the floppy drive as you press the view.

Then you can close the windows one at a time and I bet you will find that window is buried within your view.

Look into that and let us know what you find. If that is not the problem, then you might send your show file to support@flyingpig.com with a description of the problem and tell them which view causes it. I am sure it can be solved fairly easily.

thanks,
  • justinpmajustinpma Registered User
    edited April 2006
    I will check tomorrow, this is another thing which happen on macro.
    i record a button pressed - setup,patch of macro.
    when i try it, the 'change show' window pop-up in between the process of going to the patch view.
    why does this happen eventhou I didn't press to change show at all?
    is it better to check is there any window left behind before recording a macro?
    edited April 2006
    yes again you need to check to see what windows are currently open when creating macros or you can select the option in the control panel to "don't store view" so that the view is not stored in your macro (although this may cause a macro to not function correctly).

Furthermore you might want to enable the function "recall visible" to recall only the visible windows in your views and/or enable "save visible" to ensure you save only the top most windows in your views.

I hope this helps..
    edited April 2006
    Yes, I happen to find some view hiding behind. is there a way to save views and only the one on the surface is saved down. so by using the 'save visible' will record what's on the surface only. right
    i'll try on more
    edited April 2006
    Justin,

You are correct, if you enable "save visible" your views will only save the windows you can see and not the buried windows.
    edited April 2006
    Yes, all is fine now. I don't have any lag from before, really got quite much buried behind. But there's still around 0.5 second of delay when using views on the other 2 external screen. at least it didn't cause the Hog to top sending output like before. but is it natural having a small delay?
    edited April 2006
    Depending on what windows you have open and at what resolution you might see some abnormalities. I generally do not suggest having the Output or Current Cue windows open during playback. However many do leave these windows open and there is no real problem doing so. The Wholehog 2 system has to refresh the data on all these screens as well as the output and sometimes with lots of information on the screen you can see a delay.

I am curious what type of delay you are seeing...
    edited April 2006
    not really much of a problem. just the view appear 0.5second slow than the view on the Hog. yes, by viewing the output with couple of hunderds channel showing at once it can be lag as well.
    i guess its natural.