color chase question

Hi,
I'm trying to get a color chase to work here but not having any luck. The look I'm going for is to have a 100% saturated color dimmed at 50% chase through a line of Astera AX1 fixtures all while having a "background" color dimmed at 20%. I've tried setting an effect in a cue and a static color in another cue, but the static color stays and washes out the chase color. Same with setting up a Pixelmap. Short of making a cue chase with 32 lights, I was hoping there is a simple solution to have a chase effect take precedence over other intensity levels.
Thanks in advance for any help.

• Hello,

I think I did what you want to do with pixelmap layers

1. Add 2 pixelmap layers
    2. Create a plot with the fixtures you want (all 32 in a line)
    3. Put a pixelmap over all of the fixtures
    4. Assign the pixelmap to the layers, I have 101 as layer 1 and 102 as layer 2, the layer order is important. The layer that is on top is the layer that’s going to do your chase (layer 2) and layer 1 is going to remain a static color.
    5. Put layer 1 at 20% and select media 1 for the basic static folder (the white box)
    6. Mix a color (now all your lights are that color)
    7. Put layer 2 at 50% select the pixelmap media you want to use as a chase, I used Basic motion folder media 1
    8. Make Effect Mode 1 Transparent White
    9. Under the color kind (hardware button) press until you find the Effect 1 mods
    10. Dial up Effect 1 Mod 1 to 255 and Effect 1 Mod 3 to 255
    11. Make sure layer 2 is selected and mix a color

Now what you should have is your base color (layer 1) and a color chase running on layer 2, hope this helps!
  • Make a list with the background color, and then an extra list with CUE ONLY active as a chaser.