I need to build an effect and have no clue how to

Hi, have Many X4 Bars which are running arround 65 percent, i can adress every Pixel. Now I Need to let run pulses through the Pixels which let a short span (3 to 4 Pixels) of them fall of to 20 percent smoothly in best case this pulses would come in random Patterns, but i could live without that. I played a lot with Offset fanning length etc. but i Always get very nasty results, most of the time i have nice Dips running but also hole chunks of Pixels get brighter then they should. My results Always look very sloppy. Has someone of you have a good workflow for such cases?
  • The intensity dip should be straight-forward with the Effect Begin and Effect End parameters.

Selection Order, and using Buddy's will help, so Buddy of 4 will group your cells into 4's.

Plots are your friend when it comes to large fixture numbers/sub cells. Have a play and make a few Plots, laying out your cells, as this will let you drag across the plot and select parts of your bars really quickly. Otherwise it's death-by-typing-fixture-numbers, especially with cells.

You could also patch a Hog4 video layer and run a clip across your plot. You can move pods of cells around in the plot to be a bit more random. Sometimes it gives you better results than the effects engine, especially when it gets complex.