Attribute Control

Hi Guys.
I am wondering about setting up attribute controls on the playback masters.
I am setting up our show layout, and would like to use some of the masters (fadders) to control specific fixture and effect attributes on the fly rather than using the encoders. Things like strobe rate, macro speed, maybe effect size, and others.
Also to further that if you can setup cues which contain, specific attribute controlling cues, you then could control different attributes via fadder depending on what cue you are on, on that playback master. ie, Playblack master 6 cue would control effect speed, playback master 6 Cue 2 would control the effect size, cue 3 would be effect offset.
In the case of strobes and that, I only want to control the strobe function of the led fixture without affecting anything else, and since intensity of a cue is different than an attribute of a fixture, I am just wondering how to set that up.
I remember with the stand consoles you would create the cue, and then switch it to attribute control, was looking for something similar here.
Thanks,
Soundguy
  • I'm not 100% on this but try recording your attributes cuelist in cue only mode (ie no tracking), making sure you only record the single attribute you want in each cue, then make the set the cuelist options for that list to have the fader 'crossfade IPCB'
  • 17.1.4 Configuring Physical Master Playback Controls
    17.12 Batches
    17.9.4 IPCB Faders

I am going to point you to a few spots in the manual, that might be useful for you. If you have more specific questions, please respond to this post.
  • Hi, Noah
    I appreciate the info.
    I managed to get the fader to control the rate of the strobe, , although I am still trying to trying to mess with the stacking multiple cues on that one fader, controls the strobe rate of different fixtures. Like I said before Cue 1 would be strobe rate off all strobes cue 2 would be strobe of fixtures aimed at drummer, cue 3 would keys ect. Right now as I going through the cues, its stacking them all togeather, so its just adding more fixtures as I go down the cue list, and if I use cue only mode it stops all strobes completely.
    Also I tried, the Effects rate and size, scaler, but that is a scaler, and didn`t effect the size or degrees.
    The 2 big parameters in the deafaul effects library, would be effects speed and Size (in degrees), and unless I am missing something, the effects scaler, that is in the cuelist options, window doesn`t effect that.
    The offset might be interesting, as I program chases, after I get this working, and see how this works.
    Thanks again,
    Soundguy