Connecting Hog4pc to Vision 2019 issues

Hello,

I am having connection issues between the Vision 2019 and the Hog 4 pc running on the same computer.

I am running the latest Windows 10, theVision 2019 Sp1 and the latest Hog 4 pc and connectivity software.

Upon opening the Hog program, I have made sure that the visualizer streaming is turned on.

Opening up Vision and loading the show file, I make sure the dmx is set to Hognet. When I do that, a small window opens for the Hog Visualizer connection status. It eventually says "unable to connect to Wholehog"

On the Hog software; I have opened up the network window, and the settings for the Visualizer. I try the drop down menu for the Detected Visualizers and nothing appears. I have manually typed in the computers IP address in the top cell and click apply and nothing happens still.

I have re-installed all the software, restarted the computer, tried opening the programs in different orders, and using new show files with no connection being made

I did not have these issues running vision 2018 and HogPC in the past. Not sure where the problem lies.

I would appreciate any help in solving my problem.

Thank you, Glen Goodwin

Comments

• Noah_AllenNoah_Allen Registered User, HES Staff
    Hello,

Disable Wifi
    Turn off ALL firewall and antivirus
    Set your Visualizer IP in HPC as 255.255.255.255
  • goodwinltggoodwinltg Registered User
    Thanks, I will try that. I had tried turning off firewalls, but not the wifi.

Vision service also suggested uninstalling both the HPC and the Connectivity driver, then just installing the HPC and NOT the extra driver. Seems the HPC installs the driver at the same time.
    edited January 2019
    Some computers do not actually run network traffic if there is not a connection to the internet. So disabling the wifi should force it to communicate over a LAN. (Airplane mode will not work)

Hog4 PC does install the connectivity driver.
    I will always recommend Installing Hog4 PC instead of the connectivity driver, kill 2 birds with one stone. The only time I would recommend just the connectivity driver, is if there is limited time or slow internet speeds.
    I am still having connection issues. I have disabled both the firewall public and private, and turned off windows antivirus. I have removed and re-installed both Vision 2019 and the Hog pc4 version: 3.10.0 b1809.

Running both programs on the same computer; running Windows 10 on a MAC using bootcamp.

Wifi router generates the IP address for the computer and the Hog software uses that IP address when it fires up.

Load and start the Vision program first and load my show file. Check that Hognet is selected; Lights are doing random strange flashing, which is a good thing.

Start up Hog 4 and checked the Hognet upon loading to check for DHCP settings, and the Wireless adapter is selected (the only one listed). Checked the visualizer is running in the settings dialog, then loaded a new show (just to be sure my current show is not corrupt).

Go to network window, highlight visualizer (which is running and online) Use the drop down for "detect visualizers" and nothing comes up other than a bunch of "0's".

Have tried to type in the IP for the visualizer to force a connection and still nothing.

I do not see where Vision tells me what IP address it uses, other than assuming it takes on the one from the WIFI Network. The HogPC is using the same IP address too.

I have tied to use a custom IP for the Hog, using all the same network numbers, but using a different IP address and still no connection.

Have tired turning off the wifi to force a internal computer IP network, buy still no connection

It has to be something simple or overlooked in my set up.

Thanks for any additional advice or suggestions.

Glen
    I would advise running the different software on different machines to make sure they both work on their own before running both on the same machine.

Please give us a call 512-836-2242 and one of us can work with you for troubleshooting.
    Thank you for your reply.

I have tried connecting Vision 2018 to the current Hog4PC and it does connect as expected and I have been able to control the lights in my show plot.

There seems to be an issue with the connection driver between Vision 2019 and the current H4PC. Not sure if it on the Hog side or Vision 2019.
    edited January 2019
    I would now recommend a fresh install of Hog4 PC on your viz computer. I would also advise not having any other lighting related software on your machine, occasionally other control software can interrupt the connection.
    Thanks,
    I am only using one machine, running both programs. Have uninstalled and installed several times, the result is the same. The only programs on the bootcamp windows boot drive are Vision 2019 and Hog4pc 3.10. Other than the stock installed ones from a fresh windows install.
    edited January 2019
    Hello, Hog4 PC and the connectivity driver are not supported on MAC/bootcamp. Can you try on a true windows machine? Im not saying it won't work, but that could be a potential reason for this issue.
    Thanks for that info.
    I used both Vision 2018 and the previous Hogpc 3.8 without an issue on a Mac/bootcamp set up. So maybe some things have changed with the current upgrades of all the software.
    Will there be an update so that HOGPC works under bootcamp 64 bit? I imagine there are many users out there who work with bootcamp instead of a stand alone windows machine.

Thanks, Glen
    Hello,

Development for Bootcamp is extremely unlikely.

I am still looking into this, I am working on getting a vision 2019 license here at HES to test with 3.10.0
    Hello, we have found an issue with connecting Vision 2019 and Hog4 PC.

It looks like vision 2019 installs an older version of the connectivity driver.

Install Vision 2019 first, then Hog4 PC 3.10.0 and let me know if this fixes your issue.
    Same issue.
    Uninstalled both programs, downloaded and installed vision 2019 first, then downloaded and installed Hog4PC 3.10. Opened up Vision2019, loaded show file, made sure Hognet is selected as the dmx provider.

Opened up Hog4pc, made sure Visualizer is checked in the settings window of the startup window. Loaded my show file, when to network--settings--detect visualizer and still zeros. Went back to vision 2018 and it connects fine. Just not what I would like as I would prefer to run Vision 2019.

Thanks for posting your comment and something to try.

Glen

R&D at HES is working with Vision to resolve this issue.
  • ExpdExpd Registered User
    Hello, I am new to Hog4pc and having trouble downloading the software. I have a windows 10 25x 144hz gaming display with adaptive sync. I am trying to download "Hog4pc V3.13.1 (b2885) [msi]" however half way through downloading it stops and says network error. I even tried downloading the os version and still no luck. Can someone help ?
    edited February 2020
    Hello,

This seems to be unrelated to the existing topic, I would advise you post your comment in the MISC thread.

I have tested the download of Hog 4 PC, and the download worked.

I would suggest using a stronger internet connection.