Creating Blank Cues

Is there a way to make blank cues that have no information in them other than using "cue only" for the whole list. I tried deselecting the Forward soft key when recording and achieved nothing as it didn't prevent data from the previous cue from tracking forwards to into the blank cue. I'm trying to build a cuelist with onstage looks that require multiple sequential states and want the blank cues between sets of cues in the list so I can jump between the different sets of onstage looks with the GoTo key.
  • If you always start at the first cue of each set of looks, just make the first cue a block cue - select all fixtures, touch, then record the cue. This will stop tracked information. Not sure what you want to happen if you Goto your 'blank' cue?
  • Simon LX said: If you always start at the first cue of each set of looks, just make the first cue a block cue - select all fixtures, touch, then record the cue. This will stop tracked information. Not sure what you want to happen if you Goto your 'blank' cue?
    I don't want to do that because it will take latest priority over that fixture and bring it to 0% intensity in the blank cue and all subsequent cues. This will cause me to be unable to run scenes with this fixture in them at the same time as the cuelist because everytime I press go on the list it will bring the fixture back to 0% and I can't use "HTP" or "Priority Levels" to resolve this with the way I intend to use the cuelist. The "blank" cue is intended to be a cue I can jump to between sets of cues with the GoTo key without taking control of any fixtures
  • Can you not use a blank cue, and just jump straight to the look cue? If you're just going to the blank cue, then pressing Go, you could cut out that step all together.
    If you must have a blank cue you can record the 'blank cue' with a dummy fixture, then put a large delay on it (1hr+), so it doesn't change values in time. Then press go to continue to your look cue.