Modify a Group of fixtures

HawthornHawthorn Registered User
Hello,

I have a group of fixtures (6 desk chan) and in my second cue in my first cuelist I record this group with a intensity of 30%.

Well, now in this cue, I want to change the group... I don't want to have my 6 desk chan, but just the 3 first. So I modify My group... But in the cue all the 6 fixtures stay with the intensity.

And I don't have just a cue with this 6 fixtures, but 80. And I don't want to re-program all the 80 cue...

What's the solution ?

Thx

Comments

• stephlightstephlight Registered User
    edited April 2006
    modify the group is useless because the cues do not store the groups.
    solution 1
    load cue 1, select 4>6 , touch knock out, update, do the same with cue 2 if you have stored this fix in this cue too.
    open cuelist option and take off maintain state.

Solution 2
    4>6 @0 record merge 1>80 enter
  • HawthornHawthorn Registered User
    edited April 2006
    Well the second solution is perfect for my application and work perfectly,
    quick and easy

Tanks
  • srautanesrautane Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited April 2006
    How about 4>6 @0 record remove 1>80 enter ? (no hard values)
  • jankirchhoffjankirchhoff Registered User
    edited April 2006
    Sami's suggestion is definitely the better one because it will kick out the desk channels 4 throught 6 completely out of the list: "4>6 @0 record remove 1>80 enter".
    With "4>6 @0 record merge 1>80 enter" you will just have unnecessary values in your cuelist (every cue will have 4>6@0 in it!). That doesn't really matter if you only have desk channels, but will slow down the desk on bigger rigs, especially during programming. And it's just not the right way ;)
  • stephlightstephlight Registered User
    edited April 2006
    Of course that is better, I did not know this option "remove"!
  • HawthornHawthorn Registered User
    edited April 2006
    Perfect for me the remove option.... that removes several hundreds of useless records...

Thanks to all
  • jankirchhoffjankirchhoff Registered User
    edited April 2006
    "record remove" and cloning are the most powerful tools on the hog2 - at least in my opinion ;)
    If you have live shows (i.e. festival situations) and want cuelists for the colors on the wing, 2 for the spots (odd/even or something like that) and 2 for the washers, just make one list with all movinglights in them (which is done very easy when you have good palettes ;) ), label the cues, copy it 4 times and select all Washers but the first group. Hit PIG+ACTIVE to get all parameters in the programmer, select the first cuelist and type "record remove 1 thru enter". This will kick out all the lamps you had in the programmer. Do this 4 times for your for groups and you have perfect cuelists. Always keep your "master list" with all colors in case you want to change the grouping later. This saves a lot of time... do the same for moves, positions etc...
    Jan

Jan
  • srautanesrautane Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited April 2006
    :D Nice tip Jan!