iso file on website corrupt?

Hi everyone,

Is anyone having problems mounting the 'Console Full Install v3.9.0 (b1704) [iso]' file?
(download link: hes-7dca.kxcdn.com/Hog4_3-9-0-1704.iso)

I downloaded it (multiple times) but when trying to mount it I get en error message: 'No mountable file systems'
If so, the support site is hosting a corrupt file.
  • Are you aware that the process for creating the USB Bootable drive has changed with v3.9.0, and that you should now download and use Etcher software for this instead of Linux Live? Etcher has the added benefit of being Mac and Windows.

Could the issue be just that?
  • thnx, but no. It just doesnt work on mac, the file wouldnt mount, not with Winebottler anyway. Maybe with Paralells or fusion. I've installed it on a Windows laptop now. Thnx!
  • Before installing new software, ensure that all show files, libraries, and archives are backed up. A Full Install will ERASE all data on the console's hard drive.
    Before creating a bootable flash drive, ensure that all files are backed up, making a flash drive bootabale will ERASE all data on the drive.

The latest software version is 3.9.0 and can be found here under "Hog4" and "Software downloads". See: Release Notes.

See: 29.2 Console Software Full Install for detailed instructions on how to update the console.
    See: 29.3 Create a Full Install Flash Drive for detailed instructions on how to make a bootable flash drive.

Software versions 3.9.0 and above will require the ETCHER application.
    Software versions 3.8.0 and below use the LINUX LIVE application.

Show files created on an older software version can be loaded on a newer software version. Keep in mind that show files and archives that are "touched" by a newer show software version will not be compatible with desks running older software. Keep all desks on the same software version for feasibility. This includes Hog4PC setups.

If you decide that you want to downgrade your desk, the process is the same, you just have to re-flash the USB drive with the software version of your choice. For older software versions: Hog 4 OS software Archive

If you have any external DMX Processors, they will also need to be updated to the consoles software version. See: 29.5 DMX Processor Software Update. If there are any issues you might need to do a full install instead. See: 29.6 DMX Processor Software Full Install. Keep in mind any settings you had previously set to the DMX Processor will be reset.
  • If you have any questions or issues let me know

-Noah Allen

Product Support Specalist
    High End Systems, Inc.
  • There is no need to mount the ISO file. I just tried with Etcher on Mac running 10.12.6 and it worked fine
  • Thanks for this,
    Just to add there seems to an issue where any USB stick that has installed S/W 3.9.0 will now not install older software S/W 3.8.0 even if you flash it.
    I have heard this from more than one person when trying to downgrade to S/W 3.8.0 was impossible using a USB stick that had previously installed v3.9.0
    Having consoles remain on a specific S/W version when they are being hired out isn't practical.

Thanks for the info Cormac
  • Did you try 3.8 with Lili USB? or with Etcher.
    Etcher will ony work with 3.9 or higher.

I just tried it and it works with a stick that had 3.9 on it
    I did partition and format the stick before.
  • Are you using Etcher for 3.9.0 and Linux Live for 3.8.0 and below?

We make USB sticks daily here at HES for different versions and don't have any issues.

Try reformatting your USB stick to FAT32 or NTFS then reflashing the software.
  • Hi,
    I haven't used Etcher or sw v3.9.0 in a show situation.

Marc if you a moment can you try the same process of downgrading to 3.8.0 from 3.9.0 without partiintioning or formating the USB and post results or I will try and get to a console and repost.
    Thanks Cormac