Road Hog 4 built-in touchscreen works only as single-touch???

Hello to everyone!

I'm just goin' into a Hog world and I like it very much. Currently I'm learning to use Road Hog 4. A big screen is a big plus for me, but, unlikely stated in specifications, the built-in touchscreen works only as single-point. In specifications it's stated as 10-point multitouch. The console is brand new, never used. Where could be the problem?

Comments

• MLorenzMLorenz Registered User, Hog Beta
    Hardware is multitouch...
    Linux Kernel was not able of doing it.
    With 3.9 we got a new Linux kernel. So we will see Multitouch features in one of the next releases I guess
  • metheoneandonlymetheoneandonly Registered User
    edited October 2018
    Thank you for your quick response. When can it be expected, approx.? Or maybe is there a way to enable it in this new 3.9 kernel? If yes, I'll gladly update my Road Hog 4 to 3.9.
    3.9 gives the option but there are no features yet active.
    In 3.10 which is beta now it is still just single touch. But a lot new features...
    As I´m not HES stuff I dont have an idea for any timeline...
    edited October 2018
    Oh, I see. But it's a such shame to have something you can't use the way it's meant (by means of hardware built-in). Also when you give your hard earned cash for it... But I hope this will be solved as soon as possible.
    I hope so as well... The issue was really the underlaying Linux... Now that Linux has a new built HES can start developing multitouch features
    Do you recommend to upgrade to 3.9?
  • Noah_AllenNoah_Allen Registered User, HES Staff
    edited November 2018
    I would highly advise upgrading to 3.9.0 as it came with a new Linux kernal.
    A new and improved fixture builder.
    Master Control sets / swaps
    Overall better stability and bug fixing.

See the release notes

If you are looking for instructions for software updates, see Section 29: Updating Software
  • fellawhitefellawhite Registered User
    Somewhat older conversation I guess, but did it end up getting upgraded to multi-touch in 3.10.0? I'm on a HedgeHog and I believe the same thing would apply. Also, if I have an external touchscreen attached is it single-touch across both screens or can I be controlling something on one screen and something else on the other screen?
    edited January 2019
    Hello,

With the recently new update to the Linux kernel, multitouch functionality is possible.

The system now supports it, but at this time any multitouch development or features have not been implemented.

To stay up to date with future releases, follow us on social media, trade shows, and the various industry publications.

If you have any specific requests please post them in Hog 4 Requests and Enhancements
  • KasperovKasperov Registered User
    Any news in 2020?
    It's not funny yet, how long we'll waiting for multitouch on consoles, and on hogpc?
    At this time there is not any news on multitouch.
  • MarshallusMarshallus Registered User
    "internal 10-point touchscreen" ^^