v3.9.0 External DP Crash - Bug?

VanBridgesVanBridges Registered User, Hog Beta
When using TC with an external DP, Macros changing pages and turning TC off and on are crashing only the external DP.

Any one seen this issue?

Comments

• maeganw12maeganw12 Registered User, HES Staff
    Any HTP faders on the pages?
  • VanBridgesVanBridges Registered User, Hog Beta
    No there are not.
  • Noah_AllenNoah_Allen Registered User, HES Intern
    Hey there Van I talked with one of our product testers about this. Can you email me your showfile and your hardware setup so we can possibly investigate further?

noah.allen@highend.com
    edited October 11
    I talked to Doss about it and he was planning on sending it.

They seem to think its somewhere in the macro stream that is used to turn off and on TC for specific lists. No issue on 3.8 and earlier.

That being said, I do have a show built the same way (v3.9) with the macro lists, only using the internal DP that has been rock solid.
  • MLorenzMLorenz Registered User, Hog Beta
    Just curious: is LTC coming in via the external DPs or from the internal?
    External
  • clegrandclegrand Registered User
    Hi - onsite now and have similar issues with external DP crashing. Switching pages triggers external DP crash. No macros running, no TC running. Both DP8000 and both Hog4 Full Boar are running v3.9.0
    Hello, this issue has been fixed in our development builds of 3.10.0

The issues lies with having an active HTP fader and switching pages. If this is not the case for you please let me know, so I can forward to our software developers to get it fixed.
    Hi Noah,
    Yep, I have multiple HTP faders. I will test at earliest opportunity to determine if that is the case here. Gotta wait until after rehearsals are done.
    Hi Noah,
    Confirmed it is the HTP faders. As soon as I cleared the HTP option from the fader, the external DP stayed solid. Thanks for the info! ... (when do we see V3.10.0?) :D
    I can not specify an exact release time for 3.10.0 at this time. Expect a release in the next 1-3 months.

We do not release software until it is ready and extensively tested (This bug slipped through the cracks for 3.9.0 =/ )

Stay tuned!