Shift Time Code times in a Ql . it's that possible ?

Emiliano MorgiaEmiliano Morgia Registered User, Hog Beta
Hello ! I remember a function in the old dear II where was possible to shift an entire QL Wait time Timecode .

Say that i did a Ql with 5 cue like this :

1 > 00.00.00.01
2 > 00.00.01.23
3 > 00.00.09.15
4 > 00.00.20.00
5 > 00.00.25.00

then the Audio guy need to shift the time code of 30 minute 5 second 13 frames .

so now the first cue should start from 00.30.05.14

In hog II was easy to shift an entire QL by selecting the 5 WAIT times in the QL pressing SET and then use the first wheel to move them forward

It's this possible some how in III ?

Thanks

Comments

• Akito.HAkito.H Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited April 2006
    This function has not been achieved in Hog3 System yet.
    But,
    I also feel this function the very important one.

Thanks,
    Akito
  • jabadgerjabadger Registered User
    edited April 2006
    In hog II was easy to shift an entire QL by selecting the 5 WAIT times in the QL pressing SET and then use the first wheel to move them forward

It's this possible some how in III ?

Yes you can do this but not by moving the first wheel. Instead select your range of smpte times and then push set - type in the time you wish that one cue to be, the other cues that you selected will change relative to the new time.
    edited April 2006
    Badger-San,

I have not known this function up to now.

Therefore, I calculated the timecode of Cue of 200 or more by my hand and input it by its hand.

If you were contributing this a little more early, I might have been happier.

But

You shouldn't have!

How did you for your information learn this function?

Akito
  • teericksonteerickson Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited April 2006
    Akito,

Badger is correct. If you highlight multiple cells with timecode in the cuelist window and you press set to make a change, the offset will be calculated and applied to all of the highlighted cells.

I did a quick scan of the manual and wasn't able to find a reference to this ability. I'll confirm this and make sure that we get this documented.
  • Emiliano MorgiaEmiliano Morgia Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited April 2006
    Hey Thanks a lot !
  • ahelgorahelgor Registered User
    edited April 2006
    Just an addition, this also works with wait times in a cuelist, and it works both ways, + and -
    edited April 2006
    Anders,
    Are you for real?

This is a thing that I put out as a request in old times.

However, no one taught me the mounted thing.

Therefore, I did this by myself. (In 988)
    I will never forget this event.

I have one request.
    When the request to the console is mounted, I want you to report to the thread that requests it.

I hope.

Akito
    edited April 2006
    well, sorry to hear that you punched a lot of "un necesary" keystrokes..

If i understand your request right, you wan't not me, but presumably HES to post about new functions in the thread where it was requested..but i think that when new features is implemented, it is publicated in the release notes. Isn't that enough?
    As for this function, i dono't know when it was introdused, as i haven't been around the H3 for very long.. I havn't actually "learned" this, i just did it, becouse it was logical to me, and never thought of it would work or not..
    edited April 2006
    Anders,
    + & - did not operate with the timecode. (Hog3PC)

Thanks,
    Akito
  • stephlightstephlight Registered User
    edited April 2006
    We could have a fixed thread with all number of requests and 3 or 4 words, when this request wil be in console HES could put A red " DONE" in front.

we could have something like that for bug(s) to
    edited April 2006
    steph,
    I will not apply this request for Bug.

Because there is a possibility where the bug that does the same behavior with a different cause exists.

Regards,

Akito
    edited April 2006
    Anders,
    Tanks a lot!!!!
    I am wishing the thing that the person who was doing the same thing with me sees this thread.

Thank you
    Akito
  • stephlightstephlight Registered User
    edited April 2006
    sorry "thread" was not here.

I put bug just that evrybody can look before creating new a thread if the problem is not already known.
    edited April 2006
    steph,
    I will also put a new request on Wholehog 3 General Discussion.

Thanks,
    Akito
    edited April 2006
    No problem Akito, Thats what we are here for! -I learn things from this forum every day! cheers goes to HES/FPS!!
    edited April 2006
    Hara-san, that timecode shift has been there for a loonnnnng time (at least since August 2003). I'm sorry you didn't know about it :ninja:
    edited May 2006
    I wanted to let everyone know that the simultaneous shifting of timecode values for multiple cues has been added to the manual and you should see it included with an upcoming software release.
    edited March 2007
    bumping and old thread here..I was just wondering how likely it is that we will see shifting timecode with encoders in the near future?(6 months)
    -the reason i'm asking is becouse this is very important feature for a colleague whos considering buying two H3's for a heavy timecode enviroment
  • bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited March 2007
    Anders,

As stated in post #3 you can make the adjustments by entering the value, but not via the encoder wheel. I can not guarantee that this feature will be added in the next six months as there is quite alot of other things pending ahead of this. However your colleague should be able to edit times with no trouble using the above stated method.
    edited March 2007
    i know that, it just takes so much longer time to punch in all the numbers, that it isn't very practical in their situation, that was the reason i asked..
    -I wasn't expecting a date, or a promise of implementation either since i know how development usually goes, maybe i frased myself a little bad.. i guess what i meant was maybe a rough indication on a timeframe..6-12 months, 2 years, or never.. since the install is in 6 months time it will probably be ok for them to have that within 6-12 months, but if it's two years, they'll prob choose another desk.. I'm only asking becouse i'd like to see them choose hogs.
    edited March 2007
    Speaking from someone who always uses timecode, if that's the only hangup they have on the console... lazy! ;-)
    edited March 2007
    In many cases i will agree, but to be honest, i don't think it's lazy.. atleast not in this case..say if you have some 1000 cues you need to tweak every coupple of weeks, holding down a button and turning an encoder slightly compared to approx 4-8 button presses is going to save you a lot of time..and money.

-And when you take into consideration that they are actually comparing desks and are looking for things they don't like and like abut a console, a thing like that might be a good enough reason to tip the other way.. and in this case, it's important for them..
    edited March 2007
    BTW Lazy or not , was in the HOG 2 many years ago , I don't see reason why it should not be on 3 .

E
    edited March 2007
    Why would 1000 cues need to be tweaked every often? Are they on a real time smpte clock or something? Just curious.

Are the audio guys to blame ;-)
    edited March 2007
    actually im not shure, but thats what they said, it runs like 20 hours a day, and some is trigered by realtime clock. some is not.lots of video, and audio..but anyway, that's what they said they needed, so i guess they have they're reasons..
    edited March 2007
    ahelgor wrote:
    actually im not shure, but thats what they said, it runs like 20 hours a day, and some is trigered by realtime clock. some is not.lots of video, and audio..but anyway, that's what they said they needed, so i guess they have they're reasons..

Lemme hock into this ... an other feature request . Clock !

Can we have clock ?

E
    edited March 2007
    don't you have one? you can send in a request to Debi, that they make some clock swag!!, hehe;)

-I believe someone from hes ahould comment on a realtime clock in console though ;)
    edited March 2007
    We are currently developing astronomical clock functionality and you should expect to see it in an upcoming software release.

If that was what you meant by "Can we have clock ?", Emiliano, then you may want to provide some suggestions about exactly what it is that you want and what you want to be able to do with it.

Thanks.
    edited March 2007
    ahelgor wrote:
    don't you have one?

emoticon-0113-dull.gifNO i don't ware clocks !
    edited March 2007
    teerickson wrote:
    provide some suggestions about exactly what it is that you want and what you want to be able to do with it.

Well just like the Hog II .

in the wait time I wish we could set DD/MM/YYYY/HH/SS

if only HH/SS are set means every day .

If DD/HH/SS are set , mean a day of the week + hours and seconds .

This is not the right post to ask for , but I wish HogIII could have a END user UI . specially for architecural installations .

What do I mean with end user UI ?

I mean a simple editable G UI where an END user just push a botton to run a ql . but this is an other story .

Thanks