Import/Export Patch

1. It would be great to add in an option when importing/exporting your patch to include custom fixtures. Currently they are ignored on Import & Export.

2. If you patch a show, export that patch, unpatch your fixtures, then if you re-import the same patch it won't actually add the patch for any existing fixtures (even though they don't have patch data). This would be useful in a festival situation, if you were supplied a patch before the gig, do all your programming, then you want to reimport the lastest patch when you get there against your fixtures.

3. I notice you can import a CSV file for patching, but there are no details in the help file about CSV. Any idea on how Hog4 wants the data structured?
  • Talked with our engineers, Custom fixtures are in a different file format than the ones in the full fixture library. Currently, custom built fixtures, cannot be exported to CSV. This was intended.

That being said 3.9 changes how we build fixture types. And could possibly change how we handle fixture profiles.

I have logged this as Request 01391

If you want to know more about the format, I would schedule a bunch of fixtures, and export. Then just open the export up and see the format.