Storing different Patch defaults

Hi Highend,
Could you add the ability to store different Patch default values for instant recall?

I will often go into Edit Fixtures to change the default settings for things like Pan and Tilt or from Open Colour to Colour 1, so that when I hit clear the fixtures will return to the different positions or alternaitive colours that I set in the Edit Fixture section.

This ability to store and recall different values would add a great creative tool, especially during playback where I could instantly see different things happening to my programming.

A Palette of Patch Values might bee what you would call it.
If I am not being clear enough in my explanation of this request, please let me know.

Thanks Andy

Comments

• Noah_AllenNoah_Allen Registered User, HES Staff
    edited February 2019
    So I’m going to go out on a limb here, it sounds like you’re trying to use default value in the patch window to keep looks interesting on stage. Thar way if you release items or press clear, you’re not left with a boring “Default values” look

As an alternative to this, I would recommend you make some base looking scenes, with “persist on override” That way your lights will have something to fall back on.

If you have any questions feel free to contact me
    -Noah Allen

Product Support Specalist
    High End Systems, Inc.
  • MLorenzMLorenz Registered User, Hog Beta
    Hey Noah,

that request corresponds a bit with another request that has been made:

Offset palette.
    At the moment we can enter offsets manually.
    It would be nice that we can store a P/T-palette and when you update that palette as "offset" all P/T palettes get these offsets.
    eg. a straight out look, and from that look you create all you fan looks.
    So next venue, another clearance, so instead of updating all look you just update your straight out look, and store that as offset, so from the difference of these values the console offsets P/T

Same for a base palette, which is what had been requested above.
    eg. I want not 50% zoom and 50% focus to be default. Instead of going into edit fixtures I could just store a palette and make that palette the default. Like we can do for highlight.
  • Noah_AllenNoah_Allen Registered User, HES Staff
    edited September 2018
    Hmm I see what you mean Marc.

I was not exactly sure what he was asking for, thank you for clarifying.

Reference pallets could solve Some of these issues I feel.

I do like this Idea now that you've explained it.
  • Mutsi99Mutsi99 Registered User
    Hi Noah, Thanks for your response. Sorry for slow response.

Persist on override can be released by Pig Release if I am not wrong.

A default palette would work too.

Though I have done this default changing so much in Edit Patch before it felt like the right place to have this option. Some of these defaults I don't want to think about again once I have set them. But some of them I want to change half way through a show... like the colour default. So then I would want more than one default palette..

Thanks for your time.

Andy
  • Sander_de_GraafSander_de_Graaf Registered User, Hog Beta
    Maybe just add an option when you right click the palette: Set as Default. This will change the default in the Edit Fixtures window?
  • cormacjackcormacjack Registered User, DL Beta
    +1 for all of above
  • Mutsi99Mutsi99 Registered User
    Yes perfect.. Then maybe inside Edit Fixtures these values could be a different colour to indicate the Set as Default.

Thanks