TAPE BPM SYNC FLASH BUTTON and timeline

HELLO,
it's been a long time since I ask to be able to control the effects rate using tape flash, not as multiples but as the actual value of bpm, which is very useful for live and events, thus having the ability to keep it on a flash of a playback . it would be great to have a tape sync function in the process of programming effects so you can immediately find the right bpm to record.
another thing that I think is great to have, a general timeline for all the lists where you can record each flash pulse or cursor fading value, for programming more complex shows would add a creation facility having a sequencer available.
thank you in advance
  • Hey Daniel,
    I also would like to have a tap for efx speed.
    Bit still some questions in my head:
    What would happen if you have multiple effects running and then tap the effect?
    As some special effects require the double speed for one parameter in combination with another. What should happen then.
    Or also if you have a stack with cues and each of them is running different efx.

or was your request just for programming?

Best
    Marc
  • Hi mark
    I did not understand the question well, do you mean if you run a list that only has one of the two parameters in effect? If this is the case, like any Ltp system you would have a traking of only the parameter with independent speed .. I mean in playback but also in the programming phase it would not be bad, instead of using a bpm calculator
  • Hi mark
    I did not understand the question well, do you mean if you run a list that only has one of the two parameters in effect? If this is the case, like any Ltp system you would have a traking of only the parameter with independent speed .. I mean in playback but also in the programming phase it would not be bad, instead of using a bpm calculator
  • No, i mean these scenerios:

* List 1 cue 1: color efx, p/t efx running in that cue.. both have different speeds, now what should taping do? scale it? change both?

next one:

List 2 cue 1: color efx
    List 2 cue 2: p/t efx
    You play cue 1 then cue 2, now you tap, what should happen? change the speed of the onyl the efx from cue 2 or alos the tracked efx

or:
    do you only want the options to tap the speed while programming the effects
  • Ok, now I understand, surely the tap touches all the effects and gives the same speed sync, then if you return to default you restore the original value. In fact, it is the operator who must know how to divide the parameters according to how he wants them to be managed
  • OK. So I have a cue live on stage. It has a first group of fixtures in an effect. Half of them are offset to 180° to create a two step effect. The song I'm lighting is 120bpm, so this effect is at 60bpm as it has two steps.
    A second group of fixtures is running an effect, but is split into four sub groups offset to 0°, 90°, 180° and 270°. This creates a four step effect, so it is set to 30bpm.
    Now I want to use tap sync to tighten up the timing with the music. If everything goes to the actual bpm of 120 I break my look. If I tap out every other beat to give me 60bpm, it breaks the second effect.
    So should the tapping send all effects to that exact bpm, or scale them to preserve the look on stage? Or should there be options to do either?
  • The effect rate that we are going to synchronize affects the whole cycle, so the offset remains as it is but the bpm that changes, so it intervenes on the cycles, but not on the offset between a projector and the other .. It is a function very simple that they have all the machines
  • Daniel, but then all will look different in the example that Leggy is making.
    Like said, when you want a 4 step effect that is matching a 2 step you have 2 different speeds....If you now tap sync all efx you wont get the same look on stage...
  • We are talking about the same thing, if I divide the effect into 4 phases or, 90,180,360 if I put at 30 bpm on a song of 120 bpm I will have step 4/4 the tape sync only makes me change the speed but the offset is that .. So if doubling at 60 bpm with tape sync I have two cycles of effect every 4/4 seems obvious ... I do not understand why it is so Impossible, because in the other consoles you can do? .. Mmm
  • Sorry, I meant if doubling through tape sync to 240 bpm on a 120 bpm piece of music, it will happen that we have two cycles on 4/4 practically two cycles of 360 ° instead if with tape sync arrival at 60 bpm we will have in the first 4/4 0 ° and 90 ° and 180 ° 360 ° in the other 4/4 .