Use handles with lists to add in lights...

Not sure how to explain what I'm asking in the title...

In my show I have cuelists with fixtures coming on and off as I want them in the "song" cues, such as leko's for different parts, but sometimes I want to add in a light or so but don't want to have it programmed into the cue.

Example: I have a lead singer and 2 additional singers adding in harmonies. When the lead is singing, his position light is on in the cue while the 2 others aren't on, if they're backed away from the mic. I have 6 total band positions and have the 6 positions grouped and "singers" and "band". I have a cuelist on a handle for the "singer" fixtures at 100% and another handle with the band fixtures at 100%. So, say the lead is singing and his position is lit, and I want to add in lighting for the singers area, for whatever reason, I bring up the "singers" cuelist handle and the lights blend in perfectly, however, sometimes, when I bring the handle back down to fade the additional lights, I just added in via the "singers" cuelist, that aren't in the song cuelist, it will dim the fixture that's programmed into the song cue until the "singers" cuelist handle hits 0%.

Make any sense?

I don't recall the settings I have on my "singers" or "band" cuelists but apparently I have something not right and as I'm sitting here, I cannot recall what's not right.

Basically I'm asking, how do I add a group of fixtures to a cuelist, a single cue cuelist, to a handle and be able to bring in the lights that aren't currently on, in the song cuelist, on by bringing up one of the "singers" or "band" cuelist handles and be able to bring the added fixtures back out without over riding the "song " cuelist? Maybe I need to make the "song" cuelists a higher priority? Maybe adjust the cuelists master fader options? I prefer top have it set so that I don't have to hit go so currently I believe I have it set to I fader and go off zero and release at zero...

I'm pretty sure I've had it working the way I want at times but right now, I'm not sure.

Hope this makes sense because as tired as I am I'm not sure it makes sense to me.

thanks