Scale Masters inversion

Firewood1Firewood1 Registered User, Hog Beta
I'd like the ability to have the upper bound and lower bound have the same set of multiplier options, so in some scenarios I could make the Upper bound x1/8th and lower bound x8 for example. This would be handy for Playback Rate. If I set my Scenes to 1s and put them in a Batch, then this would mean the fader at the bottom snaps my scenes and fader at the top is a 8s fade. Currently it has to be the other way around which isn't so intuitive.

I discussed this with another operator and we came to the conclusion that we'd be happy with either that, or just a straightforward ability to invert the fader as a separate option... whichever is easier for you guys to implement but whilst you're in the code with this stuff one or the other would be very useful please.

Cheers

Colin

Comments

• barnes2000barnes2000 Registered User, Hog Beta
    +1 on this idea!
  • B_WattsB_Watts Registered User, Hog Beta
    +1 on this. This would get rid of alot of macros in my showfile. I think i'd like to see an inverted fader.
  • MLorenzMLorenz Registered User, Hog Beta
    +1 for me!!
  • Mike_AMike_A Registered User, Hog Beta, Distributors
    +1
  • Mike_AMike_A Registered User, Hog Beta, Distributors
    +1
  • inthe128inthe128 Registered User, Hog Beta
    I talked with Colin about this at a training session recently, its seems to me odd that the fader rate at stop for example would be at the top rather than the bottom, I personally would love the ability to choose to alter this.
  • Firewood1Firewood1 Registered User, Hog Beta
    Hi Andy, in case there was any confusion, if you put an effect on a Master and set that to be Effect Rate, then stop would be at the bottom currently, and the fastest would be at the top, which makes perfect sense. We have that now.

Where there may be the need to invert this was with Playback Rate and Timing, where multiplying the time with the fader at the top makes the fade slower.