Cuelist Grouping

davi8036davi8036 Registered User
Id like to have a way to make cuelist groups. Meaning,... only 1 cuelist can be ran at any time within that cuelist group. So..all of your Mac250 chases could be set as Cuelist Group 1. And all of your TechnoBeam chases could be set as Cuelist Group 2. If i run a second cuelist within the same Cuelist Group #, it would release the preious cuelist and activate the new cuelist. So I can run a total of 2 cuelists at a time, but only 1 from each set of group. This would eliminate any kind of releasing.
But ofcourse still leave a 'general' group that runs all cuelist, like normal.

If there is already a way to do this, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me know.

Thank you So much.
Blair Quintana
djblairq@djblairq.com
www.bourbonpub.com

Comments

• stephlightstephlight Registered User
    edited April 2006
    It is not something like LTP?
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited April 2006
    Unless you've changed your Cuelist Piority value or selected Persist On Override under the Cuelist Options, selecting a new chase should stomp out the previous one.;)
  • davi8036davi8036 Registered User
    edited April 2006
    But that means you can only run 1 cuelist at a time. This makes it difficult to run two seperate groups of light fixtures on two different cuelists. What id like is to be able to have a group of cuelists for my Mac250s, and a groupd of cue lists for my TechnoBeams. And be able to run only 1 cuelist from each group. So..total of 2 at a time. But not 2 from the same group. Does that make since? Im confused. LOL
    edited April 2006
    Hopefully you've built them as separate chases/cuelists.;)

So when you run one that only has info for your heads it doesn't affect the one for your scanners and vice versa.:D
    edited April 2006
    yes, only the pan/tilt values are recorded for the macs in the Mac chases, and only the pan/tilt values for my TB are in the TB chases. But with LTP, wouldnt that still only allow for one chase to be ran at a time? Im waiting to try it on the newer software. BUt on the Hog 2 software, i never got it working the way id like it to.
    edited April 2006
    also, im not sre if i fully understand the Cuelist Piority. Because that may be my answer.
    edited April 2006
    davi8036 wrote:
    But with LTP, wouldnt that still only allow for one chase to be ran at a time?

Nope...LTP isn't applied globally in that sense, it affects attributes on an individual basis within individual fixtures.;)

So if your chase only has Scanners, the one with only the Heads will not affect it in any way, and you can run as many cuelists as you like simultaneously...until you reach the systems processing limits, but that shouldn't be an issue for most users I'd think.:D

Individual fixture's attributes only get "stomped" when the recieve a new value.
    davi8036 wrote:
    im not sre if i fully understand the Cuelist Piority

In the top left area of your cuelist options window, you can adjust a cuelist's priority up or down. So a list with a higer priority will not get "stomped" with new values.:cool:
  • bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited April 2006
    Blair,

The original functionality you are asking for is already possible. If you program a set of chases that contain only Technobeams (and include all parameters within the chase) then a set of chases that contain only Studio Colors (and again all parameters) then you will find the Technobeam chases will stomp each other and the Studio Color chases will also stomp each other.

You will not need to adjust priorities, rather just ensure that each of the "groups" chases contain the same parameters so they will stomp each other.