FEATURE REQUEST: Morphing Parameter mapping

I've been seeing a lot of this showing up lately in fixtures (Looking at you ARRI Skypanel v4.0 mode 30 &31) where they have modes that re-map parameters to save on address footprint. It would be amazing to be able to build a fixture profile that allows me to use the actual color parameters when the fixture is in that mode to allow me to use the color wheel.

So in these modes with the new skypanel update you have a color control channel that lets you choose between RGBW, CCT, X/Y, HSI, and Gel mode. The next 4 channels on the fixture remap to the associated parameters depending on the selected mode. Right now I see no way to create a fixture that takes advantage of the color wheel or that can give me properly labeled encoders depending on the mode. It would be amazing (and a pain to code I'm sure) to be able to create a fully functional profile for this fixture.

I can also see this being helpful for things like media servers with their generic parameter channels that remap depending on the FX you use etc... It would be amazing to have a way to have the encoders read the proper parameter based on the FX you choose etc...
  • With the actual softwar i think it is not fully possible, as you would have to rename/remap the channels.
    But a very interesting idea.
    A little bit is possible as one channel can have multiple uses, like I RED and Cyan.
    But this will the put in all options and just switch to the other when yous the matching encoders. Not exactly what you are looking for