TRACKSPOT PROBLEMS

I HAVE A TRACKSPOT THAT HAS A SLOW GOBO MOTOR. NEEDS HELP TO TURN SOMETIMES. WHEN IT FINDS THE NOTCH SOMETIMES THE LAMP WILL STRIKE IF IT DOESN'T. A BEEP BEEP HUM HUM ALARM SOUNDS. I CLEANED THE SENSOR SLOTS. IT WON'T SELF TEST AND DOESN'T WORK IN DMX EITHER. I DID GET THE LAMP TO STRIKE IN DMX ONCE AND IT BRIGHTENED AND DIMMED. BUT NOTHING ELSE WORKED NO MOTORS MIRRORS OR GOBOS TURNED. SHOULD I REPLACE THE ENTIRE BOARD AND GOBO MOTOR. AND WHAT DO THESE PARTS COST? OR SHOULD I SEND THE ENTIRE UNIT TO HES FOR FIXING?
  • Hello Hollywoodphil,

The beeping is due to the sensor(s) not seeing the slot(s) on the wheels. Another reason for the beeping is due to incorrect dip switch settings. Turn all the switches to off and test it again. Be sure to look closely at the dip switches for ON and an arrow pointing to toward which way is on. The dip switches changed over the years and some are upside down and backwards from others. If you still get the beeping after setting the dip switches correctly then it's a sensor alarm. With power off try spinning the gobo wheel by hand. If it feels stiff then the motor should be replaced. If it turns easily then try replacing the gobo driver chip on the logic board. You can rob the driver from the shutter for testing. They do have polarity so pay attention to its orientation.
Related