Dell SX2210Tb Touch Screen Doesn't work

As the subject says, Dell SX2210Tb touch isn't working.

If you need me to supply any further details regarding the screen let me know.

• Can you provide us with the product number listed on the screen?
  • I just hooked up the screen to a window 7 laptop and it couldn't automatically install the touch drivers.

Does this mean it won't be compatible as it needs 3rd party drivers?
  • Its hard to say. We added support for what you see below:

Part Number M036R

USB Product and Vendor IDs
    USB\VID_1926&PID_0064&REV_0001&MI_01
    USB\VID_1926&PID_0064&MI_01

Can you check this on your Windows computer following these steps:

To obtain the USB Product and Vendor ID:

1) Connect touchscreen to a Windows Computer via USB. Connecting VGA/DVI is not necessary or required.

Note: Do not install 3rd party drivers. If 3rd party driver is required then touchscreen cannot be supported by Hog 4 OS.

2) Open device manager.

3) The touchscreen will be listed as a "USB Input Device" under the "Human Interface Devices" section. In most cases more than one "USB Input Device" is listed. Right click on the first "USB Input Device" and select "properties".

4) Select the "Details" tab of the properties window.

5) Select the "Bus reported device description" option from the Property drop down menu. The value should match the name of the USB Touchscreen you are attempting to collect data for. If it does then proceed to step 6. If the bus reported device description does not match the name of the USB touchscreen you are collecting data for then click cancel and select another "USB Input Device" from the device manager and return to step 3 of this procedure.

6) Select the "Hardware Ids" option from the Property drop down menu.

7) Right click to copy each ID and paste into your touchscreen request report.

Note: High End cannot guarantee future support or compatibility of the touch screens
    requested as a part of this effort but is committed to adding as much support as
    possible to better expand the options for a Hog 4 console operator.
  • Ive looked again on a windows 7 machine that the screen works on.

There is a USB Input device with the details I provided before, then there is a NextWindow 1950 Touch Screen entry. The details for this entry are the same except there is a zero at the end instead of a 1.

www.dropbox.com/s/0cyvjfjgwldl7op/IMG_4342.JPG?dl=0

I'm struggling to find the Part No. Is this a physical thing with the screen or should this be where I was just looking for the USB input device?

• Hi Skier,
    Sorry for the late response, but it looks like the touchscreen uses a proprietary driver. I can infer this from the screen shot and the device name is NextWindow 1950 Touch driver. If the touch screen requires a proprietary driver we cannot support it.

Sorry for that.

Donald