The best way for Live show !!!

amir877amir877 Registered User, Hog Beta
edited February 2011 in Wholehog 3 General Discussion
O.k. it's go's like this:

We all know that the tool with the must useful option is the "CueList", you can do anything with the cuelist.
so, if you have all the cuelist under your hand and a simple way to control them then your the king !!!:headbang:

My tip is-
open the Cuelist Directory, disable the lock button and "wash" the two hog touchscreens with the cuelist directory and you have 175 cuelists in front of you and it's look like lines (first line is cuelist 1>25 and under that you have the second line with cuelist 26>50 and then 51>75 etc...)

After that, record the second line with "RELEASE" buttons:
press record and touch the cuelist button, you get an cuelist with cue 1 empty, set this cue macro to RL (Release Cuelist) and enter the cuelist number that above the "Release button" (the corent cuelist) for example: in line one cuelist #1 and line 2 cuelist #26 so cuelist #26 is the release button of cuelist #1 because cuelist #26 is under cuelist #1 and the macro of cue 1 in cuelist #26 will be RL1.

*to any "Release" button you must add a second macro command that say RL#(the number of the release button) so the release will be a momentry press and don't stay active. the command for release button #26 will be RL1:RL26 .

Now you have the first line to record anything on that cuelists (Effects, Cue's, Chasers etc...) and the second line with release buttons to release those cuelist in a simple way.

now you can do the same for line 3 and 4 and line 5 and 6 (line 3 for cuelist and line 4 for release buttons and the same with 5 and 6)
and you have somting like 100 active cue list to fire in a easy way and fast release.

See the attach file:

Amir
Danix
Israel

Comments

• jankirchhoffjankirchhoff Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited April 2006
    ...you know about the "add release cue at end"-option for cuelists? You don't need a separate release-button, just activate this option and a second click on the list will release it...
  • amir877amir877 Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited April 2006
    Yes but all my cuelist have 3 or 4 cues so this way its more easy to release it
    or for a nice effect that every time you push the cuelist button the moving heads go up, or change color, gobo etc... you can't do thing like thet with the ""add release cue at end" beacuse the time you get to the last cue, the cuelist will release/
    and if the release is a "add release cue at end" option you can't do alot of thing with the cuelist like timing and follow and when the release is separate you can play chase more easly and release them

Amir
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited April 2006
    This will become much easier to lay out when we get the SPLIT option back for window control on H3......we've got it alreay on iPC....I expect we'll see it when v1.4.0 comes out for the console:headbang:
  • Innovative IlluminationsInnovative Illuminations Registered User
    edited September 2007
    Danix

This is an awesome idea! Imagine the same principle with two additional touch screen monitors. That's over 200 cues at your disposal. Needless to say, I'll be putting this technique to use. Thanks for sharing your idea.
  • jxgriffijxgriffi Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited September 2007
    I know this was brought back an old post, but I'll throw in one more "hint" that I like to use when using the cuelists in this manner.

The last box on each line uses a macro to Release all of the lists in that line.

Ex. - Button 12 would Release lists 1 through 11. This way, you have a FAST way to get rid of anything you want rather quickly.
    edited September 2007
    This is why why I love this forum. Everyone can throw a piece into the stew.
    Thanks for the extra "ingredient" Jon.
  • deegsterdeegster Registered User
    edited October 2007
    I just installed the new software on my road hog and set up a split cuelist view. We'll how it works! Great tips!
    edited October 2007
    Quick question:

If I am setting this up with say 5 different cuelists of strobes :

Cuelist 1 - Strobe Very Slow
    Cuelist 2 - Strobe Slow
    Cuelist 3 - Strobe Medium
    Cuelist 4 - Strobe Fast
    Cuelist 5 - Strobe Very Fast

Do I need a release command for each list to release the other strobes, in case I am jumping from a slow strobe to a fast strobe?

ie - Cuelist 1 - Very Slow - RL:2>5 ?

That would be great to deactivate other strobe lists, but say I do this over a bunch of cues,it will take a while. Any ideas?
  • QueerdooQueerdoo Registered User
    edited October 2007
    deegster said:
    Quick question:

Cuelist 2 - Strobe Slow
    Cuelist 4 - Strobe Fast

Do I need a release command for each list to release the other strobes, in case I am jumping from a slow strobe to a fast strobe?

ie - Cuelist 1 - Very Slow - RL:2>5 ?

That would be great to deactivate other strobe lists, but say I do this over a bunch of cues,it will take a while. Any ideas?
    Why not use a fader to control flash rate??
    edited October 2007
    1) I do not like how the manual crossfade works, because it reverses the fader and that confuses me during a live show on the fly.

2) Strobing was hypothetical, I'm just saying any cues, is this the process I should take?
    edited October 2007
    Have you tried recording a Scene onto a master and using the IPCB Crossfader option?
  • sulkkissulkkis Registered User
    edited November 2007
    deegster said:
    Quick question:

Cuelist 2 - Strobe Slow
    Cuelist 4 - Strobe Fast
    The way I normally do this:

CUELIST X:
    CUE 1 - Strobe very slow
    CUE 2 - Strobe slow
    CUE X - Strobe going crazy

Then move this cuelist into a master and set the "+go on flash" and "+release on off" on. Also you need to put your intensity cuelist to "persist on override" state. Now you can move between the cues by pressing "halt" and the cue which is next will go on when you press "flash" and release automatically when you stop pressing the flash button.

If you want to move back/forward put your master > to "skip forward" and master II to "skip back". If you have them at "go" and "halt", go will run the cue until flash is releasing it and with "halt" you can choose which cue will be played...

Sulkkis
  • jeffadsljeffadsl Registered User
    edited February 2008
    Is it possible to make a FLASH cuelist button?
    ex : for a blinder at full
    edited February 2008
    Hey Jeff
    • First bring the fixtures you want in the list to full of what ever INT value you want.
    • Then record the fixtures to a fader.
    • Clear your programmer.
    • Hold Pig plus the CHOOSE button above the fader where you recorded the fixtures.
    • You should be looking at the playback options window for the cuelist
    • Press the icon on the left hand side of the screen that says "MASTER".
    • On this screen you sould see a graphic of a slider.
    • Go to the section named "CLICK".
    • Under the FLASH submenu make sure that Flash is selected.
    • To the right of that there are two buttons labeled "+ Go on Flash" and "+ Release on Off".
    • Press both of these buttons so that there is a check mark in both parentheses.
    • You should now have a flash button for your cue.
    :cool:

Hope this help.
    edited February 2008
    Thank's but the flash button is ok underder my fader but the flash function not run in the Cuelist Directory
    That i want (i don't know if it's possible) is to have a FLASH (virtal) cuelist button in the Cuelist Directory
  • dwp-avdwp-av Registered User
    edited February 2008
    Quick question:
    Is there anyway to release a scene with a macro w/o putting it onto a master to create the macro?
    edited February 2008
    jeffadsl said:
    i want (i don't know if it's possible) is to have a FLASH (virtal) cuelist button in the Cuelist Directory

Jeff,

This is currently not possible.....but not a bad idea.

Something you can do is to record a list with only one cue and use the "add release end cue" from the cuelist options.

This way when you physically touch the virtual list it plays, and then when you touch it a seond time it releases itself.....not exactly what you want, but it might work for some things.

Hope this helps:)
    edited February 2008
    dwp-av said:
    Quick question:
    Is there anyway to release a scene with a macro w/o putting it onto a master to create the macro?

Chris,

Try using the "RS" comment macro in a cuelist and fire it virtually from the cuelist directory.

Hope this helps:)
    edited March 2008
    Juste an other question with this tip :
    How to make a cuelist button (of the Cuelist Directory) with more priority than the programmer

ex:
    i have a fixture with red color in my programmer
    i have a cuelist button with this fixture in blue inside my cue

when a fire my cuelist button the blue color release the red of the programmer
    when i release my cuelist button the red color of the programmer come back

that's my question ;-)
    edited March 2008
    jeffadsl said:
    Juste an other question with this tip :
    How to make a cuelist button (of the Cuelist Directory) with more priority than the programmer

ex:
    i have a fixture with red color in my programmer
    i have a cuelist button with this fixture in blue inside my cue

when a fire my cuelist button the blue color release the red of the programmer
    when i release my cuelist button the red color of the programmer come back

that's my question ;-)

Jeff

By design the programmer has ultimate priority over all cuelist and scenes. There is no way to override the programmer. You're better off creating another cue with the color changes you seek rather than using the programmer.

Hope this helps...:outtahere:
  • stephlightstephlight Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited March 2008
    active blue cue and use Blind to be in red or blue (blind off = red, blind on = blue)
    edited March 2008
    Thank's Calvin

et Merci m'sieu Stephane :) from Panam!
  • stephlightstephlight Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited March 2008
    By using [pig]+[Blind] you can use programmer times.

Si tu appuies en même temps sur [pig]+[Blind] tu peux passer d'un état à l'autre en utilisant les temps du programmer.

@+
    Steph
  • stefan90kauwstefan90kauw Registered User
    edited April 2008
    Hmm,, looks like a great idea to me.
    Does this work on the RoadHog to?

I wish i read this topic way earlier,,, i had a show last week on the RoadHog.
    For my very first time on a hog based lighting console.

I really love it now,,, i've seen the possibility's and it's pretty sick in my eyes. With this system i can create really nice shows.
    As i saw last week. :)
    edited April 2008
    stefan90kauw said:
    Hmm,, looks like a great idea to me.
    Does this work on the RoadHog to?
    Yes...the software is the same on the platforms so it will work.
  • stefan90kauwstefan90kauw Registered User
    edited April 2008
    jxgriffi said:
    Yes...the software is the same on the platforms so it will work.
    But when i try it on Hog 3PC it says: Macros not implemented.
    And i thought it was the same story on the RoadHog.

I'm not a pro with the Hog system... YET :D I want to be one in the future :D
    But, tell me if i'm wrong, that macros can be really used on the RoadHog
    edited April 2008
    Comment Macros are implemented, but not keystroke macros.

I didn't see Macros listed anywhere in the thread so I did not know that's what you were referring to.
  • snowmaniac153snowmaniac153 Registered User
    edited February 2009
    how do you make a fader to control flash rate??? could this be done with movers not just strobe??
  • TxTurboTxTurbo Registered User
    edited September 2009
    I just wanted to toss my two cents onto the OP. I'm new here and new to the Wholehog OS in general. My first show is coming up this weekend and we'll be using a Road Hog so I've downloaded the software to get some pre-programing done.

This is going to be a rap show and I have no idea what to expect, no set list, no preview CD etc, so on the fly flexibility is critical. I read this post and it really helped set me in the right direction, but I wanted to add an ingredient to this stew for future noobs like myself. ;)

If you're only using one cue for each virtual cuelist, create a cue 2 and set the comment macro to 'RL#' (# = cuelist number). Next enable 'Reset On Release' in the cuelist options. Now when you press the cue, it activates. When you press it again, it releases and resets ready for another touch. This eliminates the need for a separate release button. As far as I can work out, this will only work on cuelists with only one cue (great for colors, positions, moves etc). Now you have 50 or so buttons per screen with which to layer effects, colors, moves and more!

Rig for this weekend: 6 MAC 250 Entour Extended, 6 ColorBlast 12, 24 PAR cans
    edited September 2009
    TxTurbo;41177 said:
    IIf you're only using one cue for each virtual cuelist, create a cue 2 and set the comment macro to 'RL#' (# = cuelist number).

A slightly better way than this is to use the "Add Release End Cue" option.

This puts a "Ghost" cue at the end of the list that does the same thing essentially as a RL Comment Macro. The advantage of this over the Macro is that if you move the List to a differnt position on the screen, you do not have to change the RL # to correspond to the new location.

Hope this helps. :)
  • TxTurboTxTurbo Registered User
    edited September 2009
    That's brilliant! I wasn't aware the option existed.

Thanks Marty!
  • joeshepardjoeshepard Registered User
    edited October 2009
    Another simple way to release cues is to hold down the selected cue list on the screen and hit the central playback's release button. It works even if Guard is turned off. Not as slick as a macro but doesn't take up any screen real estate.
  • MisebeamMisebeam Registered User
    edited October 2009
    So hope this question does not sound stupid about the very first post in the thread, but does this mean all you do is "tap" or "Click" the cue without loading onto masters? Is this the reason for turning the "Lock" off? just wondering.

Thanks!!
  • amir877amir877 Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited October 2009
    Mis,

Yes, if the Guard is off, i can play back cue's from the screen.

Today there is a lot of new way's to do what im posting in the begining of the thread cuz the software are way a head.

Amir
  • Aaron ZahndAaron Zahnd Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited November 2009
    I first read this thread a couple years ago and found it quite interesting and gave it a shot on just a few cues. I liked it but found it somewhat problematic in my particular show. Ninety percent of the stuff I do is in a worship environment therefore I never run anything the same way twice. Being able to quickly access any cue is a crucial need in this manner.

What I did differently is I programmed a different cuelist for each fixture type. Then I have the cuelist directory open just like amir877 with single cue cuelists running macros that trigger different cues within the other cuelists.

For example: say I have the studio beams on list 100, I can then have cuelist 1 have a macro GL100/1 then list 2 GL100/2 etc..

Now I know this is rather simple but when it comes in handy is when you have say 4 types of fixtures. You can quickly recall a cool look with just one button.

For example: say I have the studio beams on list 100, studio colors on list 101, technobeams on list 102, and studio spots on list 103. Then a macro could look like this, GL100/1:GL101/5:GL102/16:GL103/9

Apart from that I can still easily enough recall any cue by opening up any cuelist. For me this makes it really easy to change all my looks between our services without doing to much reprogramming. Also, the fixtures are always running off of a physical master. I hope this isn't confusing but this has really helped me out.
  • mynameiswolfmynameiswolf Registered User
    edited June 2010
    I am working on a Road Hog. I am a totally new user to this. So, if I am understanding this correctly I can open my cuelist window turn the guard off and then those cues will go just by touching them. I saw someone post that the roadhog cannot do keystroke macros, would putting seperate release macro buttons under each cuelist not work on a roadhog? I don't really know what is considered a keystroke macro vs. a comment macro, and what the road hog can and can't do.

thanks!

Wolf
    edited June 2010
    Yes Wolf, with the guard off, they will fire.

Comment macros are available on all platforms. Keystroke macros have not been implemented yet on any platform.
  • mynameiswolfmynameiswolf Registered User
    edited June 2010
    Thanks! I was able to figure it out. This thread has been incredibly helpful.
  • kinglevelkinglevel Registered User
    edited February 2011
    I made something similar to this idea with the Hog 1000, without knowing this thread.

Its a very very good way of programming on hog. very fast. Its even better on the touch displays.

But how did you get your display black? =)
    Seems a lot nicer in the dark

EDIT: oo, found it! dark scheme! :D