Change fixture type with compound fixtures

The way change fixture type works with compound fixtures currently is infuriating and a massive step back from what we previously had.
last week for example I had Mac Aura's extended compound. Changing type to Robin 600s for one show. I selected the aura's and . to get the standard part of the library, changed type to Robin 600s, but had no programmed information transfer across
I also forgot that a new fixture number is created rather than replacing the existing fixture numbers which seems completely unintuitive
  • You should have data for the main part.
    Creating a copy is necessary that you keep the information for the dotted parts at the moment.
    Otherwise you would loose them.
    To my knowledge there a plans to make the cloning/replacing of multicell fixture more flexile and effective.
  • Try this...it's long winded but may work.
    First replicate all the main Aura fixture part.(pan/tilt/beam/colour), then change type those Aura's into standard Aura's then change type again into the Robe 600's.
    No matter what happens you will never have the extended part of an Aura if you change type to a Robe 600 so best possible scenario is to have as much position/colour/beam data correctly converted.
    Remember to check user numbers as you progress with this.
    Agreed the change type from compound to standard non-compound fixtures isn't great.

Best C