MIDI NOTES VELOCITY ON and AFTER TOUCH ( Do you think is it a good idea ? )

I've started working with Reaper and 3.6.1, especially the Cue List import tool. I'm really impressed about the workflow of combining the Reaper timeline with the HOG Cue List. I don't have to type in the timecode anymore, I don't have to name cues, almost everything is done in Reaper and since working on a timeline based editor is much easier if you have a predefined music track to work with I wanted to push it forward. So I start to use midi notes. I love to use midi notes specially for BUMPS and FLASHES. As you know ( at least this is how I do ) on the HOG if you want to have a flash in a time-coded QL you have to record an ON cue and an OFF cue, with midi notes is much easier ( at least for me ). On Reaper, I wrote some midi notes mapped to the playback bar of the HOG to create accurately sync chase. Now the problem I'm facing is about fade in / release timing. If you play the note from reaper you can trigger the play button or the flash, I personally like to use the flash so that I can release the cue once fired, but you need to create many different cue list with different fade in / release time for different part of the song / songs. This is why I think MIDI NOTES VELOCITY could solve this problem. If the HOG could read the Velocity of the note you could send the fade in time for the Cue List and use the After Touch ( Velocity Off ) values you could send the Release time of the Cue List.

The way I'm working right now with Reaper and 3.6.1 make me think this could be a good solution, not only to work in a DAW but also to have a new way to control live cues using a midi keyboard, something that as never been done in the industry ( as far I know ). Buttons and faders are ok but dynamic control is better, this is why midi keyboard with velocity control cost more than one without it. I would really love to be able to fire cues using Velocity on and Velocity off.

I might be completely wrong, other people might found an other way of doing this or no one may be interested to use this, so this is why I'm sharing this idea on the forum, to get some feedback and talk about it.

Regards