Changing fadetimes of multiple cuelists

Hello everybody.
I am putting together my first busking layout on a Road Hog 4. The ideas in several threads of this forum were very helpful to achieve this. Nevertheless I'm still struggling with changing fadetimes between different (single cue) cuelists. Since there is no option to globally override programmed fadetimes by a Time and Manual Crossfade Fader like on the desks I worked with before, I tried to simulate at least the time option with macros, which shall change fadetimes for a whole line of virtual cuelists, but I'm still have problems with the correct syntax, since list xxx > xxx Time X or similar ended up with no result.
So has anyone an idea how i have to set up my fadetime macros correctly?
Thank you in advance for your help.
  • With scenes u can just type: Scene 1>10 time 2 enter

For lists u could do the following:
    Move all your cue lists that u want to control the time for into a Batch and name this Time batch.
    Make sure that ur cues are set at a time of 0.01.

Make the fader of the Time batch a Plaback Rate Scale fader.
    The Time batch fader will now control the time the assigned cuelists will operatie on.
    When Time batch fader is @ zero the cues will pause/wait.

For easy use make some scene buttons with comment macros wich will set the Time batch fader at a certain level.
    Example:
    Time batch master is on master 1.
    Comment macro: FM1/10

Hope this helps
  • Hey. Not in front of the desk but as i remember right u have to specify the cues u want to change fadetimes. So u can't type list1/1 thru time 2 enter for example. Let's say u got 5 cues in that list. Then u type list1/1 thru 5 time 1 enter.
    I write myself 20 blank cues and just overwrite those i really need. So my macro (listx/1 thru 20 time y) always works. Cheers
  • @nifnaf
    With a time batch there is only the option to multiply the fadetime by 16. If I have the times of my cues set to 0.01 then my maximum time would be 0.16 Seconds, which is far to fast from what I need. Even with 0,1 second I would only get 1.6 seconds, but I need something in the rage from 0 to 10 seconds or so...
    So I tried a value of 0.4s and put the upper and lower bound to 16x and 1/16x but now I waste about 60% of the faderscale for values between 1s and 0.025s. Is there a way to workaround this problem, so that only maybe 10 or 20% of the faderscale is used for the values up to ~1s and so on?
    And is there a chance to flip the direction of the fader so that slower fades are at the upper and faster times at the bottom side of the fader scale?
    @JayJay
    Yeah, the problem is that you can only change times per cue list and not for example several cue lists with one press. like it is possible in scene directory with the command nifnaf mentioned above.
    But i didn't got how your workaround with the 20 cues works. /:)
  • I put my "default" fade time at 2 seconds. This allows me to push up the fader to 16 seconds (I use 8x) or still pull it down for quick 0 counts, etc. I also set my flash button to set the fader back to 1x.

• @Morn
    I think u dont see it as i attended.
    Let me first correct myself. I set my Cues on 0.1 sec instead of 0.01s.
    Batch master: Playback rate fader / upper bound x2 / lower bound x0

U have to see it backwards. When i set my cue on 0.1 and set Batch fader at 100% my cue will goin 0.1 sec. If i set the batch fader level on 10% the cue will go with 1s. Because 10% rate of 0.1s, is 1s.
    5% = 2s
    2%= 5s
    etc
    If i set the batch fader at 200% the cues in the batch master will go in 0.05 sec.

@jxgriffi,
    How do u setup your fader to scale the time longer the higher the fader level is? the only way i know to scale time is with PLayback rate. But this works with percantages. Wich means the higher the fader level how faster the cue fires instead of how you explain it.
  • Yes it is with playback rate and yes it's percentages.

Here's my example..
    I have lists 1231>1250 assigned to batch 1 (color time)
    Lists 1231>1250 are set to a 1 second fade time
    Batch 1 is on Fader 11 and the fader is set to "Playback Scale Rate" - upper bound "4x" and lower bound "0x". Flash button is set to "SET" and "1x"

Now, with the fader at 1x, the fades happen in 1 sec. Push the fader up and you get 0 counts. Between 1x and 4x on the fader (middle to upper) is rates between 1 sec and 0 sec.
    Pull the fader down below the mid point and it slows down the fade. With the fader at 0, it doesn't fade at all (holds the look until I slow bring up the fader). With the fader at .11x (just off 0), it takes approx. 4.5 seconds for the fade.

Does that help?