Color chases

Hello,

Recently I started using a Roadhog 4 console, running the latest software (3.6.1). I will mainly be doing (small) busking shows with it and by using the manual and information from this forum I managed to program a show that worked pretty well for me. However I still have some trouble finding a good way to make color chases with LED/CMY lights work the way I want to.

I am using scenes to choose the ‘static’ colors of the different fixtures and some macros to change the fade time, which is all working great. For the color chases I want to have the same colors as the static ones, so I can just pick and match them on the go, but I still want to be able to control speed and intensity under one fader.
To achieve this I am currently using a cue list with three steps per color and then linked the cues, like this:

1 Red 1/3
2 Red 2/3
3 Red 3/3
3.5 Link -> step 1
4 Orange 1/3
5 Orange 2/3
6 Orange 3/3
6.5 Link -> step 4

To choose a color I have a scene with a command-macro saying which cue of the cue list it should play. This works, but it is a lot of programming work. I already have some ideas of easing this up. For example I could make the chases using one ‘bump color’ palette and then use macros to update that palette to a different color, on the PC version I could get this to work, but I have not been able to make this work on the Roadhog itself. Seems like it is a bit slower in executing macros and I also used a software button in the macro which could be different on the console itself. Also with the new 3.6 update batches are introduced, maybe these will give a simple solution for this problem.

Another, more annoying, problem I had is that I couldn’t figure out how to change the intensity of the color chase on a fader. I assumed you would use the IPCB crossfader to achieve something like this, which works on a single que of a que list, but it doesn’t in a chase. I read something about a bug using the IPCB crossfader that made the intensity go back to 100% when going to the next que. I tried numerous things, but could't figure out how to make this work.
So, does anyone know if there is an option to ‘fade in’ or dim the color chases?

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated!

p.s. Sorry for the long post, I hope it still makes sense, I found it quite difficult to explain my way of thinking.