buddy parts?

JayJayJayJay Registered User, Hog Beta
Didn't figure out what buddy parts in the segments toolbar does.
Any hints?

Comments

• michameijermichameijer Registered User, Hog Beta
    I hope this clears things out for you:

For example, if fixtures 1<20 are selected with a grouping size of 4 then pressing next while holding the group key will select 1<4, then 5<8, and so on. When combining buddying and grouping the set of fixtures selected will always be the product of the two values. For example if buddying size is 2 and grouping size is 3 then group next will select 6 fixtures at a time

(release notes)
  • JayJayJayJay Registered User, Hog Beta
    I read the release notes already as well as the manual. But the 'button' buddy parts does nothing to me. Tried a bit. But no clue what this might do.
  • MLorenzMLorenz Registered User, Hog Beta
    Buddy is used like ist was before.
    So a Buddy of 2 will give the Same values to two fixtures next to each other in your selection, eg. Fixture 1-10, Buddy 2, fan any value, 1+2, 3+4, ... will get the same value.
    Same thing happening with fixtureselection when you press group+next/back
    I think i am missunderstood in this.
    I know how buddying and segmenting works. What i am looking for is the soft-button labeled "Buddy Parts" at the far right of the segment toolbar. You can press and unpress that button.
    Hope thats clear now.
  • Michael_GrahamMichael_Graham Registered User, Super Moderator, HES Staff
    Buddy Parts enabled will treat a compound fixtures 'parts' as a singe fixture so fanning will NOT apply to the individual 'parts' that make up a compound fixture.
    This setting is the default.

Buddy Parts disabled will treat a compound fixtures 'parts' as an individual fixtures so fanning will apply to the 'parts' that make up the compound fixture.

Easy way to look at this is to patch 2 Shapeshifters, and fan hue.
    Now disable buddy parts and do the same, notice the 'parts' now have individual values

Hope this helps.
    Ok. That clears things.
    By the way... this button is not mentioned in the manual.