Fixture Builder: Custom Real World Names

BlackoutBlackout Registered User
It would be incredibly helpful if it was possible to introduce custom text into Real World Values in the Fixture Builder.

That way colours and gobo's could have accurate names. Especially for example the Arri Skypanel in Mode 16 GEL Mode, when each slot represents a actual Rosco or Lee Gel Name.

Comments

• ShrunkenNedShrunkenNed Registered User, Hog Beta
    +1
  • GordoGordo Registered User, Hog Beta
    +1
    Same goes for custom function labels
  • srautanesrautane Registered User, Hog Beta
    Colors and gobos can have custom names and thumbnails in Media Picker.
  • BlackoutBlackout Registered User
    But do you need to rewrite them everytime? I'd prefer to have them stored in the personality so you don't have mess around with custom naming them then merging show etc
  • spmckinnspmckinn Registered User
    I would love this as well! Skypanels and other LED Fixtures are emplimenting more effects and light engine control into their fixtures and being able to customize some of the parameters would help speed up programming. Kino flo uses a portion of their +/- green channel to activate their color modes and it would be nice to be able to build that setting as a slot, instead of having to remember what to set the channel too.
  • MLorenzMLorenz Registered User, Hog Beta
    Creating a preset with only the +/- green channel and those values would also work in the meantime

Custom real world is not that easy as it seems. As then change type would not know what and where to match and so on...
    I'd live with the compromise of loosing the ability to swap fixture!
  • datadriverdatadriver Registered User, HES Staff
    The compromise between the two camps (change type vs different text/i.e. new functions/features) is the ability of "custom labels". That means the low level functions/features Hog uses to change type actually would stay the same but there would be "custom text" per fixture that makes more sense. There has been discussion about this in our group.
  • MLorenzMLorenz Registered User, Hog Beta
    Yeah.
    Custom labels would help a lot and I guess could cover 99,999999% of thoses requests
  • edj1985edj1985 Registered User
    Yes, massive plus one for this from the Skypanel and Kino camp. Would take a huge load of work of the library request guys I think. I'd build so many more of my own fixtures if this was possible.
    Top marks for the new fixture builder, but could be greatly improved with the above......
  • spmckinnspmckinn Registered User
    The new fixture builder is 1000% better, but I too agree that custom Real World Values would greatly help. Fixtures like, Skypanels, Kino Flo Select/Freestyles, Geminis, and ASTERAs, and more have real world values that the fixture builder does not have listed.
  • bsbjuicerbsbjuicer Registered User
    +1