Independent Hazer Control

I would like to be able to control my hazer independently of anything else going on in the console.

I can almost do this with scenes, but I have my cue lists and scenes set up to release on other go so there is no overlap and the volunteers running the board do not have to worry about releasing anything while going from list to list. I run songs in cuelists with cues for each part of the song and then static looks on scenes. So, when going from a song to a static look, I want the cuelist to release so all my effects will stop. But, this causes everything to release when I launch a scene to control the hazer and also causes the hazer to turn off when I launch another scene or a cue list.

Is there a way to control the hazer without affecting anything else in the console with the scenes and lists set to release on other go? I was able to do it by setting the hazer where I want and then parking it and unparking to turn it off, but this is kind of clunky.

Basically, I want a couple of scenes (haze on and haze off) that don't cause anything else to release, even if set to release on other go and also don't release when something else launches. Doesn't have to be scenes, but I would like them to be able to be put on the command keys.

While typing this I thought of maybe programming key macros to do this and launching the macros from the command keys. Maybe macros to park the hazer at certain values and then unpark with another macro.