Can't open a backup show (Hog4PC 3.4.0)

drumghysdrumghys Registered User
Hello, since the update to 3.4, I'm unable to open a backup show. I select the backup from the browse window, click OK, select a folder for the expanded show, the window is closing and the show doesn't open. Why?

Comments

• drumghysdrumghys Registered User
    Update: I uninstalled the version 3.4 and revert to 3.3.1, and I have the same issue now! I can't open any backup file coming from my console (HedgeHog4) on my Hog4PC (backup from an USB stick).
  • MLorenzMLorenz Registered User, Hog Beta
    What it is happening? Server not starting? At which point do you get an error message? Ar you changing the name of the file while opening the backup?
    Are you loading direct from the stick or did you copy the file to the HDD?
    Is it a backup (.shw file) you try to open?
    I do not get any error message. I select the bck file, and the program ask to choose a storage location for the expanded show. I select the folder show and click OK. Instead of "unzipping" the show and open it, the window closes, and the initial Hog Start window is shown, and the show is not opened.
    I tried to open from the stick and to open from the HDD, same result.
    https://1drv.ms/v/s!An9GBDQPUmCbg0bqq6JlPIWK2QiX
    Here's a video of my situation
  • datadriverdatadriver Registered User, HES Staff, Hog Beta
    More information would be helpful. I'd suggest bringing up the LogViewer PRIOR to launching your show:
    pause-break
    Escape-Control-1

It should explain why it is failing.
  • cormacjackcormacjack Registered User, DL Beta
    edited July 2016
    Does the file extension at the end of the backup file finish in _bck ? It should!
    Are you trying to change folder after you select the backup show ? Have had a windows issue where if you try and expand the show into a different folder from it's original location the server won't start and the backup won't open.
    Are you trying to rename the folder before the show opens? Don't.
    Can you open a new show and merge the old show into it or are all backups failing?
    I took a brand new USB key, copy the show from our HedgeHog 4 to the USB, and tried to open the _bck file from the USB, and got a File Extract Failure for archive (system error 2)...
    edited July 2016
    Launcher-1-80fa5b0d0b99 192.168.19.157 GutApplication.Startup Information launcher-win32-golden.exe Main void __cdecl ConnectToShow(bool,unsigned int,unsigned int) launcher_app.cpp 1457 Connecting to show
    Launcher-1-80fa5b0d0b99 192.168.19.157 GutApplication.Startup Information launcher-win32-golden.exe Main void __cdecl HogNetInit(bool,unsigned int,unsigned int) launcher_app.cpp 1437 Shutting down log window dataset
    Launcher-1-80fa5b0d0b99 192.168.19.157 GutApplication.Startup Information launcher-win32-golden.exe Main void __cdecl ConnectToShow(bool,unsigned int,unsigned int) launcher_app.cpp 1498 Disconnecting from show
    Launcher-1-80fa5b0d0b99 192.168.19.157 Showitems.ShowUnarchiveTask Error launcher-win32-golden.exe Main enum Task::Progress::Result __thiscall Showitems::ShowUnarchiveTask::Execute(void) show_archive_task.cpp 317 Missing or corrupt show ident file
    Launcher-1-80fa5b0d0b99 192.168.19.157 Showitems.UnarchiveTask Debug launcher-win32-golden.exe Main enum Task::Progress::Result __thiscall Showitems::UnarchiveTask::Execute(void) archive_task.cpp 330 Archive E:/CITT 050216_bck.hog3.shw extracted in 9ms
    Launcher-1-80fa5b0d0b99 192.168.19.157 Os.Archive Error launcher-win32-golden.exe Main bool __thiscall Os::Archive::ExtractNext(const wchar_t *,class fps::string &) osarchive.cpp 342 File extract failure for archive E:/CITT 050216_bck.hog3.shw (system error code 2)
    54 Launcher-1-80fa5b0d0b99 192.168.19.157 Showitems.UnarchiveTask Debug launcher-win32-golden.exe Main enum Task::Progress::Result __thiscall Showitems::UnarchiveTask::Execute(void) archive_task.cpp 244 Extracting show from archive CITT 050216_bck.hog3.shw

On H4PC, we use 3rd party software to uncompress the showfile. Errno 2 = "no such file or directory".
    Ok. So am I missing the 3rd party software? Why it's working on my colleague laptop (exact same computer as mine), and not working on my laptop? I uninstall everything regarding H4PC (including registry) an redo the complete installation, and nothing is working.
  • cormacjackcormacjack Registered User, DL Beta
    The third party S/W is embedded within Hog4PC.
    You don't need to install additional S/W.

C
    If it's embedded, why it does not working? How can I fix my problem? I can't open any show that it's not created from H4PC! I need to be able to continue working on show programmed on our HedgeHog4 while I can't use the board. Please help!
  • MLorenzMLorenz Registered User, Hog Beta
    Did you install HOGPC in another directory or another HDD? I remember problems with HOG 3 PC back in the old days when custom paths had been used for installing or if it was not installed on the boot-drive.
    Is the E drive your USB? Or is that the local hard drive. If that show file archive opens ok on a different machine then problem is local to your host, like USB driver or something silly. If it was me I would:
    1) confirm showfile archive can load on a different machine
    2) use windows explorer to drag archive from USB to shows directory on hard drive THEN
    3) start H4PC and start the show archive from the shows dir on HD to eliminate any possible USB silliness
    Your statement "I can't open any show that it's not created from H4PC" I understand as "I can't transfer an archived show TO my H4PC, but I can start new shows and load them froM H4PC HD". That would again point to USB silliness. Sometimes ports are underpowered or such things and these type things happen.
    I confirm that all shows can be opened on another computer. If you watched the video I took, I tried to open the show both from USB Stick, and direct from Shows Folder. I'll try to drag archive with Explorer as you suggest.
    Yeah, the E drive in the video was your USB. After moving it to your local HD please confirm any error message does not have an E: in it.
    It didn't change anything. I copied the backup file direct on my desktop (C: drive), and tried to open it without success. Tried from the USB Key, didn't work too. I can start a new show on H4PC, but can't open any _bck file that I created on my HedgeHog4. What's happening? Can the "System Error 2" be fixed?
    Please confirm any error message does not have an E: in it. Prefer a screen shot of the log viewer error messages
    We fixed a couple of issues recently in our upcoming 3.5 release related to spaces in the name of the showfile that only affects H4PC. Using windows explorer, remove any spaces from your showfile (there is at least one that I see) and make sure there is no trailing space. Then try and launch it.
  • DarylnelsonDarylnelson Registered User
    I'm on 3.6.0 on Hog4PC and a hedgehog running 3.5.1 wont open my showfiles. If I update the hedgehog to 3.6 would that fix my problem? any other fixes as this isn't my console?
    3.6 is only forward compatible. So if you create/edit a show on 3.6 it is not going to open on 3.5(console or pc). You can bring an older show(3.5 or earlier) to a machine running 3.6.

This information is in the release notes. :)]
  • Baconator_87Baconator_87 Registered User
    I'm having the exact same problem as drumghys. Same version and similar (corrupt iden file) message.
    Has anybody found a straight forward solution?
    I confirm I'm still having this issue, even if both HedgeHog 4 & Hog4PC are at 3.6.1. Still have the same type of message that I described back in July 2016....
    edited October 5
    Still have the same issue, unable to open in Hog4PC a show file made with my Hog4 console, even if both are at 3.6.1. Please watch https://1drv.ms/i/s!An9GBDQPUmCbg0fB-HmaQdDRv6IK