Use Universes 9-16 instead of 1-8

jxgriffijxgriffi Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
Is there any way in the current setup of the Hog line to use a different range of DMX Universes?

Case in point...
We are a road house. I'd LIKE to move my entire rig to Universes 9-16 (still keeping within my 8 universe count) to make it easier for touring consoles to take over our rig. Most consoles come in and their shows are already using universes 1-4. Moving my Universes higher would allow for guest rigs to not have to move all of their current patches in order to use Artnet into my system.

Just curious...

Comments

• Andy8967Andy8967 Registered User
    Go to your network settings in the console and adjust what Universe the console is outputting. You can say the console universe one is going to output at Universe nine and so on. Even though the console only gives you 8 Universes you can assign them to any number universe you like.
  • jxgriffijxgriffi Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    As I'm on a Roadhog 4, outputs 9-16 are RED and not allowed.
  • stephenwykerstephenwyker Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    Can't you just soft patch the art net universes? Move your art net nodes to 9>16 and then just patch universe 1>8 in art net output to 9>16?
    Thanks Stephen...I'm going to give it a shot. I guess I was just overthinking it. I'll have to give it a shot with using Artnet in on top of things, but I guess that should work fine.
  • StefanDidizStefanDidiz Registered User
    Do what stephen suggested. IMHO using artnet with other touring consoles is the best way to switch.
    Yeah, we've been doing Artnet in the facility for a while for touring desks. I just wanted to make it easier on them and not have to move their data around if we bumped up our universes to a higher level.

Thanks everyone.
    Ok...now that we are making additions, I'm getting stuck in a bind. Our new house plot will be 7 universes. Since I'm limited to 16 artnet universes and I'm using 7, I now need 14 universes on Artnet in order to use Artnet in. However, that ties me up for allowing any additional universes for guest to pass through.

Example:
    They have universes 1-6 on their show file
    I have universes 9-15 on my console
    If they want to control my stuff in addition to theirs, there isn't enough room on 16 universes to do the Artnet in because it's limited to 1-16.

If it was possible to assign my console to be 17-24, there wouldn't be an issue. Or allow HIGHER universes to be used for Artnet IN and I could put them on 17-24 to control my 9-16.

Anyone have any suggestions for this? It seems pointless to have to add a DP8000 just to allow the traffic to come INTO my console.