Problem with upgrading Roadhog 4!

Hello Guy's

I have a problem with upgrading my system.

I hope you guys can help me out.

I have version 3.0.1. and i have downloaded the file 3.3.1. upgrade.

When i put in the usb and start the upgrade he says that : In oder in perform this software upgrade a full image is required.

Actually i really don't know what the console means with full image. i hope you guys can help me!

Greetings from the netherlands,
Mike

Comments

• Simon LXSimon LX Registered User
    There are 2 ways of changing the OS version on the Hog - the upgrade (fpspkg file) or the full install (ISO) file. Usually you can upgrade from one version to the next, but if you're making a bigger jump or the software is a big revision, you have to do the full install. The desk is telling you that this is one of those occasions - you need the full ISO version on a bootable USB stick to upgrade. (And it will wipe your hard-drive when it does it, so back up all your shows etc onto another USB stick first)
  • mikexravenmikexraven Registered User
    So i can download the full file put it on the black hog usb and instal the upgrade ?

• ejberendsenejberendsen Registered User, Hog Beta
    first you download the iso file. And if you don't have it already download the program "linux Live" from the highend site. By this program you can make a bootable USB stick with the ISO file. Make sure that you turn off the function "hide files". With this stick you can now do a full install.

Hope this helps.
  • MLorenzMLorenz Registered User, Hog Beta
    Be aware if you do a full install all show files will be deleted, so do a backup before!!!
    A full install does not just upgrade the software, it also reinstalls the linux and formats the SSD.

Take the red stick, it is already bootable.
    Hide files must be off and format option must be checked in Lili USB Creator (linux live)