Patching Robe Cycfx8

Hi!
i´m totally new to hog4 and the hog os and i´m trying out different things at the moment. So far i´m cool with the system.
But really don´t understand how to patch 10 robe Cycfx8 in Mode 4.
What´s the trick by patching masters and cells and giving fixture id´s so you are able to work with properly?
Thanks for help!
  • Hi,
    I have not used these fixtures but am guessing for each fixture you would need to patch in order
    01 x cyc FX master (mode 4)
    08 x cyc FX cell (mode 4)

These are in the console library under the Robe manufacturer
    A Robe cyc FX mode 4 is 53 DMX channels per fixture according to the robe website.
    You can patch these on a hog either as separate fixtures or as dotted fixtures, so perhaps  all the masters might be fixture 101>110 and cells 201-280 or you can use dotted fixtures 101(master)101.1/101.2/101.3 etc for cells.
    Have a read of the manual and see which option works best for you.

To patch 10 fixtures you will need to add 10 masters and 80 cells in the patch section.

C

• Hi!
    Thanks for your answer.
    I have understood this so far.
    I will definitely use dotted fixtures otherwise i will mess up the Desk and it is uncomfortable to work with.
    Example: fixture A
    Master 101
    Cells 101.1 Thru 101.8

But is there a easy and quick way for patching and Setting fixture id's?
    I mean if i have a Setup with 50 cycfx patching and giving id's will take Hours.......
    Or do i get anything wrong?!

Thanks for getting ne through this!
  • Do the numbering first like you described in your post.

Then patch the matching amount of fixtures per universe.
    In your case 9 pcs/output
    101 thru 109 at 1
    You will always select the whole compound fixture when you type in the whole number.
    Or you can also use the patch offset/gap functions