Toggling scenes on and off

Hi all,

I recently began using scenes and I was wondering if there were a way to toggle them on and off? I have a few scenes mapped to my command keys and if I hit them they go, as expected, but is there a way to make them release once you hit it again? Any ideas of an alternative to this would be great as well! 

Thanks,

Rachid

Comments

• jxgriffijxgriffi Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    With scenes…not an easy thing to do. If you expect to be toggling them, I would do a single cue "cue list" and set the options to "add release end cue" and that will release on the second tap.
  • RachidRachid Registered User
    That helped a lot, thank you!
  • Go_ButtonGo_Button Registered User
    Still wondering why the Toggle function is not implemented in Hog4. It's so useful. Funny that the only Toggle button is the DBO button ;)
  • MLorenzMLorenz Registered User, Hog Beta
    You can achieve it so easy with other options. But I must admit it for scenes it would be very useful. Or have something like the "add release end cue" also for scenes
    I know the "add release end cue" option, but it is not always usable. Toggle would also be useful in combination with chaser or automatic looping cuelists.
  • MLorenzMLorenz Registered User, Hog Beta
    You could always set one of the other buttons like back or pause to work as release if you have the list on a master in this case
    For lists triggered from the directory this wont help, true...
  • RachidRachid Registered User
    As a solution for "toggling" in the directory, I created a second scene to match each one I had, with its only purpose being to release the other. I just had hoped there was a real toggle, that way I didn't as much clutter. On the bright side, using the lists on the command keys with a second release cue causes it to act as a toggle. <:-P
  • Firewood1Firewood1 Registered User, Hog Beta
    How about set the options Go on Flash, Release on Off, and Latching. Then of course set the Command key to Flash also
    edited March 2016
    Toggle is a standard on all professional Lighting Consoles. It can't be that hard to implement this. All the ways you described shows that you need to have something like a toggle and you already use it. So why not add this useful option to the console and save the time and nerves of the customers?
  • jmoore843jmoore843 Registered User
    forgive me, but i'm new to the hedge hog 4. i have this console in my church and would like to put my frequently used cues on the command keys, ie haze machine and house lights. how do i do this?
  • jxgriffijxgriffi Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    You move things to the command keys with the "Move" command. LIST 1 MOVE press command key.

https://www.highend.com/pub/support/controllers/documents/html/en/command_keys.htm