Intensity FX bug?

when selecting any fixtures and choosing a pre defined intensity effect ( chase fade smooth ect) a hard value of 50 percent is applied to the intensity. shouldn't the base of these effects be 0 by default?

if i open any of these stock effects i see "All types with an effect " with an fx symbal and 50% in the intensity column. this has been bugging me for at least the last 2 software versions... anyone know f its a bug of if its something that has been introduced

Comments

• MitchMitch Registered User, HES Alumni
    Hi, the 50% value is correct. The base value is the center and the effect goes equally above and below the base value.

https://www.highend.com/pub/support/controllers/documents/html/en/sect-table_effects.htm
  • Strobie1Strobie1 Registered User
    This is not what is happening.
    If i select fixtures and apply an effect, there is hard intensity values in the fixtures. then if i store this in a cue, the intensity is tracked as intensity not an effect. so if i stop the effect the intensity is still there at 50. it is absolutly a bug
    50 percent might be a correct base value but it shouldn't be a physical value that takes over the effect you are trying to achive
    i have just sent a detailed bug report to you. have a look and let me know what you think.
    I should correct myself, I'm not saying the Base value should be 0, I'm saying there should be no pysical hard value in intensity apart from the fx it's self.

If I select fixtures 101 thru 108 and select chase, there should be no hard intensity value, just the effect. So when I store that effect it's not stored at 101 thru 108 @50
    This is starting to look like a bug to me. On my console at home I get a hard value of 50% in the programmer when ever I put fixtures into n intensity effect. However on a console at a venue the intensity is 200%.
    If I open the effect the intensity is locked at 200% also.
    Food for thought anyway :)