Library Request problems...

jxgriffijxgriffi Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
Hello…

I submitted a request for a fixture over a month ago via the online page. No response.
Two weeks ago…I sent an email…with the same request… No response…
I now just sent ANOTHER request….

Is there any way to streamline this process? Receive a response with an anticipated return date? Better fixture builder to build it myself? I can get ACT to turn around multiple library requests in the same day. If I know I'm going to work with something that is not in the library, I do my best to give ample time to get something created…but a month is getting bad and still no word if/when I'll get it.

Comments

• TInferreraTInferrera Registered User
    I feel your frustration....I'm in the same predicament for over a month now.
  • cormacjackcormacjack Registered User, DL Beta
    Hi,
    I usually try & ask for profiles as far in advance as I can(a month) but that doesn't currently seem to be enough time.
    I have a feeling Steve or those responsible for creating library fixtures are not available or are working on something else currently.

+1
  • ShrunkenNedShrunkenNed Registered User, Hog Beta
    Agree, So frustrating.
  • ShrunkenNedShrunkenNed Registered User, Hog Beta
    What's the latest procedure for requesting? I remember seeing it a few months ago (was it an email address or a online weblink?). I tried searching for it, but the search features on this new forum are still horrendous. None of the typical limiters ( " " or + ) seem to have any effect and every search returns too many. I can't even search only in a specific category which would also help.
  • M_sciM_sci Registered User
    Sorry to hear about the troubles everyone...
    the preferred method of requesting is by using this form:

https://www.highend.com/hes-support/common-forms/fixture-libs

you should receive an auto-reply email to confirm the request...have you been receiving these auto replies?

I will pass along the concern and see if there is any more information from our end...Thank you for the reports
  • jxgriffijxgriffi Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    Yes, I received the auto-reply but then nothing.

After waiting for a few weeks, I followed up with an email.

After waiting another 2 weeks, I followed up with a second email.

I received a note from Steve after the second email (which was just a reply to the first one) that said he hadn't received the first or second attempts to get it built and he will get it turned around and sent to me.
  • Zdubs13Zdubs13 Registered User, Hog Beta
    I understand there are so many manufacturers with tons of lights being made everyday, I'm sure that's a daunting task. I must say I've noticed much more stability with the Fixture Builder and for me, I can make a pretty extensive fixture with relative ease but not the everday user, I assure you. I'm sure assigning additional personnel is expensive but isn't that better than losing customers becuase of poor fixture support? It has been a glaring issue for some time as the other comments would suggest. Everyone I know in the Midwest has this issue regularly.
  • ivan_mzrivan_mzr Registered User
    I see 3 things:
    I want to see more clearly in the actual library all the parameters like a list where a can see information of the channels and have filters to select a kind of fixture or attributes. Ex: if i want a specific PAR and my brand is not there(and i dont have some weeks to wait), maybe some other PAR would fit, is tedious to check every single PAR because i cant filter the number of channels or filter the RGB/RGBA/RGBW.
    For me is ok if that information is on the website of course i like more in the OS.

Other thing is maybe someone already request a fixture just the same i was searching and is great if i can browse in some server list and just download and no weeks to wait.

Some fixtures on the hog i found a very similar to the one i have just some channels are extra or missing maybe the mode is different and just want to modified in the fixture builder. Is not big deal but i dont want to loose the gobo previews or some things like that, just because i add/take some values or channels.
    And i dont want to merge some show every time for my fixture build or have some custom library to select.

• Michael_GrahamMichael_Graham Registered User, Super Moderator, HES Staff
    Hello Guys,

We do truly understand this is a major issue. We know our fixture builder needs work to help make y'alls life easier.

Jon / Tinfeerera - Did you ever get your fixture? If not please send me the info and I will see if I can get it to you, if you even still need it. (mgraham@barco.com)

Ivan -
    We do have a search in our fixture schedule but we only allow you to search for a fixture not parameters of a fixture. Don't know if searching for a parameter would be helpful as most all lights have CMY, gobo, zoom, focus so the list of fixtures in the schedule would still be very long.

Once Steve creates a library he will put it on the website, I would check here first:
    ftp://ftp.highend.com/hogsupport/fixturelibraries

Currently you are correctly if you copy from a fixture to create a new mode, the Media Previews will not transfer to the new fixture.
    I will check and if we don't have something logged for this I will get it logged.
  • MLorenzMLorenz Registered User, Hog Beta
    Michael,
    for Ivans request about the channels:
    it woudl be helpful to show the channel order of the fixture.
    What I (and a lot of others) do at the moment:
    Add fixture, open the fixture builder, make a new fixture with copy from and have a look at the channel layout.
    If there would be an easy we to show the channel layout and channel count it would help a lot when looking for fixtures.
    When you arrive at festivals or clubs you often get the info: Oh the fixture is in the mode with 23ch... Ah... Ok... Might be m1 or m2 or m3 extend or whatever...
    Guess you get what we are asking for. ;-)
  • Simon LXSimon LX Registered User
    In Hog2 there was a view in the patch window that would show the function of every dmx address, so each fixture's channel list became visible. Would this help in some way?
  • RANDELLRANDELL Registered User
    So a simple request for a fixture profile (that i really need in a few weeks) was answered with this way " just patch as desk channels". I tried that and I end up with over 1400 channels to control a quantity of 30 Chauvet Nexsus 7x7 Aw fixtures. I also tried using the fixture builder (which I simply cannot figure out proper) BEFORE I made an important request for a profile with High End support. I got to be honest, I think that's a crap response to a request for help with a fixture that, in my opinion, should already be in the latest fixture profile updates. I mean the fixture is just over three years on the market. I also get that the folks responsible for creating profiles are probably busy as hell as new fixtures are on constant release saturation these days it seems so I'm not without sympathy for such a demanding job to try and keep up , but more than once that seems to be the answer to anything by far too many people ... "patch it as dimmers!" - Anybody got a real solution or maybe a profile written that will work with said fixture they would be kind enough to share with me ? Thanxs Everyone.
    edited January 2016
    (edited) for some reason my original comment posted twice.
    edited January 2016
    (edited) Again my original comment posted twice more.
  • ejberendsenejberendsen Registered User, Hog Beta
    Randell,

For this fixture you can use compound fixtures, if you are in software version 3.2. Patch the amount of dimmer channels and number them 1.1 thru 1.49, 2.1 thru 2.49 etc etc.
    If you make your own lib you can work with sub-intensity. But then you will loose all advantages re. grouping, buddying, fanning etc...
    That why everybody is saying: use dimmerchannels and compound fixtures.

I would use dimmers as well ;)
    It has since been explained to me, since my original post here, that the functionality (much like how a GrandMA2 would operate and patch) is not yet available on the HOG4 system/OS, but IS in the works. Which is great news and I do look forward to it.

Most of my frustration was since I only had the option of patching said fixture as dimmer channels, it took away from being able to operate this fixture easily as a very wide reaching fixture. I've seen it used in some amazing ways and currently in a position of being asked to replicate some of that.

Its all good folks. Hell, I would have even deleted my original post by now, but this forum doesn't seem to have that option once you post a comment.
    I know this fixture from Litecraft, same style. You have 5 ch, 49 ch and 54 ch mode.
    So it is very easy to use it with all options in the HOG.
    Guess even the DMX Layout of the Chauvet and Litecraft t.pix7 would match.
    You patch 1 master and then 49 cells. Then you ahave all options. With compound fixtures you handle these 50 fixtures as one fixture.
    In of the next releases there will be an easier way to patch those fixtures (MA Style). Thats the only limit you have at the moment.
    But still I would use just 49 dimmers and pixel-map them for more complex stuff...
  • RJGRJG Registered User
    There really needs to be more than one person who makes profiles, and they really need to double and triple check them before sending them, I just had to rebuild 3 of the profiles sent to me since parameters were missing.
    Problem is very often wrong or outdated DMX charts... Even worse how some other manufactures treat their customers
  • RJGRJG Registered User
    The dmx charts were correct
    edited February 2016
    Randell,
    I feel the pain. I just had 20 on my gig and had to patch 960 desk channels and then assign user numbers. Dotted Notation help with programming but patching would have been easier to just add the unit and not have to think about how to patch them. Yes the code is being written (I am the one writing it) and this unit WILL be included! Please send me an email with the common fixtures you have this problem with and I will do my best to make sure they are included in the first release with this new scheduling.

RJG, sorry you had problems with the library that was sent to you.
    Did you inform Steve of the issues you found with the library so he can correct them?
    Marc is correct many fixtures will have one or more DMX protocols released to the world wide web, some manufactures will have 2 or 3 dmx protocols on there website and depending on the fixtures firmware that is in the unit will determine the dmx protocol used.
  • PorkyPorky Registered User
    Also still waiting for a libary of the Pearl River Xled 3019 in Extended Mode. I send the request with DMX Chart multiple times via the libary request form but did not get an automatic Response....so sad.
    Still waiting...have send a request via the request form, but did not get any automatic reply. Would be great to get a working libary .-)
    Hello,

Please send me the info and I will check on this.
    mgraham@barco.com
    Send you an email.
    Greetings
    Jan
    Hello, I replied to your email with the library file attached, again I am truly sorry that this took so long.