Library Request problems...

Hello…

I submitted a request for a fixture over a month ago via the online page. No response.
Two weeks ago…I sent an email…with the same request… No response…
I now just sent ANOTHER request….

Is there any way to streamline this process? Receive a response with an anticipated return date? Better fixture builder to build it myself? I can get ACT to turn around multiple library requests in the same day. If I know I'm going to work with something that is not in the library, I do my best to give ample time to get something created…but a month is getting bad and still no word if/when I'll get it.

• I feel your frustration....I'm in the same predicament for over a month now.
  • Hi,
    I usually try & ask for profiles as far in advance as I can(a month) but that doesn't currently seem to be enough time.
    I have a feeling Steve or those responsible for creating library fixtures are not available or are working on something else currently.

+1
  • What's the latest procedure for requesting? I remember seeing it a few months ago (was it an email address or a online weblink?). I tried searching for it, but the search features on this new forum are still horrendous. None of the typical limiters ( " " or + ) seem to have any effect and every search returns too many. I can't even search only in a specific category which would also help.
  • Yes, I received the auto-reply but then nothing.

After waiting for a few weeks, I followed up with an email.

After waiting another 2 weeks, I followed up with a second email.

I received a note from Steve after the second email (which was just a reply to the first one) that said he hadn't received the first or second attempts to get it built and he will get it turned around and sent to me.
  • I understand there are so many manufacturers with tons of lights being made everyday, I'm sure that's a daunting task. I must say I've noticed much more stability with the Fixture Builder and for me, I can make a pretty extensive fixture with relative ease but not the everday user, I assure you. I'm sure assigning additional personnel is expensive but isn't that better than losing customers becuase of poor fixture support? It has been a glaring issue for some time as the other comments would suggest. Everyone I know in the Midwest has this issue regularly.
  • I see 3 things:
    I want to see more clearly in the actual library all the parameters like a list where a can see information of the channels and have filters to select a kind of fixture or attributes. Ex: if i want a specific PAR and my brand is not there(and i dont have some weeks to wait), maybe some other PAR would fit, is tedious to check every single PAR because i cant filter the number of channels or filter the RGB/RGBA/RGBW.
    For me is ok if that information is on the website of course i like more in the OS.

Other thing is maybe someone already request a fixture just the same i was searching and is great if i can browse in some server list and just download and no weeks to wait.

Some fixtures on the hog i found a very similar to the one i have just some channels are extra or missing maybe the mode is different and just want to modified in the fixture builder. Is not big deal but i dont want to loose the gobo previews or some things like that, just because i add/take some values or channels.
    And i dont want to merge some show every time for my fixture build or have some custom library to select.

• Hello Guys,

We do truly understand this is a major issue. We know our fixture builder needs work to help make y'alls life easier.

Jon / Tinfeerera - Did you ever get your fixture? If not please send me the info and I will see if I can get it to you, if you even still need it. (mgraham@barco.com)

Ivan -
    We do have a search in our fixture schedule but we only allow you to search for a fixture not parameters of a fixture. Don't know if searching for a parameter would be helpful as most all lights have CMY, gobo, zoom, focus so the list of fixtures in the schedule would still be very long.

Once Steve creates a library he will put it on the website, I would check here first:
    ftp.highend.com/.../fixturelibraries

Currently you are correctly if you copy from a fixture to create a new mode, the Media Previews will not transfer to the new fixture.
    I will check and if we don't have something logged for this I will get it logged.
  • Michael,
    for Ivans request about the channels:
    it woudl be helpful to show the channel order of the fixture.
    What I (and a lot of others) do at the moment:
    Add fixture, open the fixture builder, make a new fixture with copy from and have a look at the channel layout.
    If there would be an easy we to show the channel layout and channel count it would help a lot when looking for fixtures.
    When you arrive at festivals or clubs you often get the info: Oh the fixture is in the mode with 23ch... Ah... Ok... Might be m1 or m2 or m3 extend or whatever...
    Guess you get what we are asking for. ;-)
  • In Hog2 there was a view in the patch window that would show the function of every dmx address, so each fixture's channel list became visible. Would this help in some way?