2nd Additive View not really Addtive

Don't know if this has been forever but: Have some windows open on mainscreen, stored as a Not Addtive view called "Show"
I put a Scene Window on my external Monitor and store this as a Additive View "Scene1"
I put a Scene Window on my mainscreen and store this as a Additive View "Scene 2"

The second Additive View is not really Additive because it takes my scene window and puts it on my main screen.
Anyone has problems with this?? Maybe a solution?
  • What are you trying to accomplish? Do you want Scene 2 to have two instances of Scene Window? Just Copy Window, put one on each screen and save as View Scene 2.
    I understand what you are saying about logically thinking it would add both instances of the window, but I think its current behavior is more intuitive.
    Open "Show" view and then "Scene1" View and the scene window is added (combination of "Show" view and "Scene 1" view. The reason scene window 'moves' in Scene 2 view is that it sees it as the same instance of the scene window. It doesn't copy it or split it. It displays what it thinks is the correct positioning for Scene 2 view.
  • I'm trying to accomplish the following:

"Show" puts on the left side of the mainscreen my groups, macro's and pages windows.
    "Scene 1" puts on my external monitor a scene window which shows Scene 1 thru 90.
    "Scene 2" puts on the right side of the mainscreen a scene window which shows Scene 400 thru 460, i want that window to stay there when selecting one of the following:
    "Scene 3" scrolls the "Scene 1" window to view scene 91 thru 180 or
    "Scene 4" scrolls the "Scene 1" window to view scene 181 thru 270 or
    "Scene 5" scrolls the "Scene 1" window to view scene 271 thru 360.

But now the "Scene 2" window moves to the external screen displaying the corresponding section.
    Maybe i want an option to create section within a window... Or views that are screen specific... Something like that
  • Sander, it is additive, but I guess it has something to do the way you create your view.
    You only have one instance of a scene directory open each time you create that view. Guess thats why it is not working. When you recall the additive view, you already have one instance of the scene window open, the view recalls also just one instance, so that the open scene window will just be moved.
    The only solution I see at the moment is what had been suggested be ShrunkenNed... Have 2 instances open when recording the view.
  • Indeed, directory windows can be stored a view more than once (multiple instances of a directory in a single view) but when that view is recalled it will destroy any previous instances of the same directory window... which essentially means, not additive. I'll see if there is anything we can do about this.