Pixelmapping Compound Fixtures

Okay, compound fixtures work great! Thanks for that!
Now i'm facing the problem when patching Robe Robin 300 LED in Mode 1, i want to pixelmap these fixtures. In mode 1 Robe Robin 300 has 3 parts of LED's. The Outer ring, the middle ring and the center LED. So: #101.2 > #112.4 Record Plot 1. When placing the fixture-parts on top of each other it won't show all three the fixtures in the mapping visualisation.
Maybe there could be a solution for this by gigving the user a option to change the shape of the fixture in the plot...

When recording a plot like: #101 > #112 Record Plot 2 I'll get a plot which contains the Robe 300 Motion part and the Robe 300 Beam part. This is strange i think because there's nothing to pixelmap on attribute's like Pan Tilt or Zoom, or not?

Comments

• ejberendsenejberendsen Registered User, Hog Beta
    concerning your 2e point, the plot view can also used for laying out your rig (quick way of selecting fixtures), so that is why you also get the motion part in your plot view. If you don't want them, just delete the motion parts out of your plot view.....
  • cmuenchowcmuenchow Registered User, Administrator, HES Staff
    Compound fixture plotting is something we are definitely discussing and looking forward to improving. Basically the parts of a compound fixture need to be represented individually in the plot window with the ability to still be treated as one total unit with the appropriate understanding of pixel spacing, total selection, feedback etc... we are definitely going to deliver a solution for this in the future.

For now, it is indeed easiest practice to layout parallel plots as ejberendsen suggests.
  • Sander_de_GraafSander_de_Graaf Registered User, Hog Beta
    Okay, fair enough. The first point, i understand, needs some discussion on how towork that out.
    On the second point, i was already using it that way ;p Things i would like to see to make the plot view eassier to use is the option of inserting Custom buttons which can be linked to a group of fixtures in the plot view.

When i have 3 LX's, 1 on stage left, 1 on stage right, 1 downstage. I select all 3 of them, press Record and touch the plot view to record a button which now represents all 3 LX's.
    Inserting some custom text would also be very helpfull :)

Thanks for the quick reply's by the way :)
  • cmuenchowcmuenchow Registered User, Administrator, HES Staff
    Thanks Sander, I will add your feature request to our database.