Visualiser not working

So far I have been using Light covers to make my training more efficient. Unfortunately
after installing the new version on both PC and RH4, I am not able to get LC working. Then I tries with Show designer that was working perfectly with 3.1 ... .also same thing!
  • I feel your pain it took me weeks to get 3.2 to work with light converse and now I cannot run Hog PC on the same laptop as Light Converse as before ? No matter what IP address or configuration I use,
    Then it lock's up Light Converse and I have to log off of the laptop and restart.
    The old way was plug and play this is not working I am sure we will not be the only one's with this issue.
  • Georges, major changes to Hog visualizer connectivity were made in Hog 4 OS v3.2.0. Please be advised that after upgrading to v3.2.0 you will need to do some re-configuration to comply with the latest methodology. Please be sure to read the v3.2.0 help manual very carefully and also check out the troubleshooting guide included in the visualizer connectivity section of the help manual. That will cut down on a lot of back-and-forth troubleshooting on the forums as most of the questions I would ask you to troubleshoot this are listed in the help manual. If you are still having trouble after reading that material please report back here with more details on how your visualizer rig is setup and exactly what you are seeing as the failure.

Robin, as you know we spoke about your your setup last week and at our last contact your system was running successfully and you were able to do console-to-pc visualizer control. However, it sounds like you are still having trouble running Hog 4 PC on the same machine as the visualizer. Have you attempted the additional troubleshooting items we discussed such as turning off all firewall, UAC settings, checking network adapter assignments, and so forth?

I can assure you running Hog 4 PC and Light Converse on the same machine works but we have to establish that your Windows 10 machine is healthy and setup properly. I know this changeover is a bit of a pain but it was a necessary step for our software development roadmap moving forward.
  • I also couldn't work with WYSIWYG R35 and Hog4 PC 3.2.0 on same machine running on Windows10.
    And also I couldn't work with WYSIWYG R35(Windows 8.1) and Hog4 console Ver 3.2.0.
    Ether way I could connect wholehog DP8000 on WYSIWYG but doesn't work properly.
    I could work via art-net both PC.
    What should I do?

Thanks,
    Aki
  • For those of you trying to connect Hog 4 PC v3.2.0 to a visualizer application running on the same computer I think I might have figured what issue you are running into and its related to how Hog connectivity routing is currently handled through network adapters that are in a disconnected state.

Here's how to remedy this issue in v3.2.0:
    1) Launch Hog 4 PC
    2) Open the Control Panel window
    3) Navigate to the FixtureNet tab of the control panel window
    4) Make sure you have a valid network adapter selected in the network adapter selection drop down menu (if you only have one then it will be grayed out... that's okay, just make sure one is listed there).
    5) Ensure that the state of the selected network adapter is "up"
    6) If you running into the problem I am speaking about here then the displayed state will be "down". This means that your network adapter is enabled but the cable is unplugged, or for wireless adapters, this means you are not connected to a wireless access point.
    7) With Hog 4 OS v3.2.0 you must have an "up" adapter state to get the visualizer connectivity data to route properly
    8) For wired network adapters you will need to connect an Ethernet cable from the PC to another PC or network switch. For wireless adapters you will need to connect to a WiFi access point or router.
    9) Once you have done the steps above you should see the network adapter listed in the FixtureNet tab of the Hog control panel has an "up" status then you should be able to proceed with setting up the visualizer connectivity.
    10) Please note this workaround is specific to Hog visualizer connectivity when running Hog4PC and the visualizer on the same PC

In the meantime I am going to speak with the Hog 4 OS dev team and see if we can get local Hog4PC to visualizer connectivity routing to work through disconnected adapters. Until then, let me know if this solution gets you up and running.
  • I couldn't change status to "Connected" even I choose the adapter that connect to router.
    It's saying “UP”.
    I tried with static IP and IP from DHCP setting but both ways don’t work.
    How can I change status to “Connected” from “UP”?
  • Hi
    I try to connect RH ver.3.2.0 to Wyg R35 on a W10 PC… but have some problems…
    I use fixture net “optain an IP adr.” and a Linksys router with Cat5.
    Now I connect to Wyg R35 all my fixture light up but I can`t do anything…!
    Did I have to connect the Artnet output even though I use optain an IP adr. …?
    Yes I have read the manual many times… but cannot find the issue…
    Jacob
  • I have managed to connect to Wyg R35 on Win 7 and Win 8 with little issue. one thing I do notice is on the Hog side of things, it likes to auto address my fixture net Card to a 169.#.#.# address even if I override it to be in another IP range, 2.1.135.# for me. I have to re-log my IP info but it usually takes on the second try.
    The Manual does give you a good run through of setting it up. Make sure you have the visualizer option selected under setting and rest should be networking 101.
  • Akito, link state up is correct. I'm sorry. Windows says connected/disconnected and Hog says up/down. Sorry about that confusion. Okay, so now we established you have a valid and connected/up running network adapter we need to figure out why you are not getting data into WYG35.

For those running WYG:
    Remember in WYG you must hit the connect button in the WYG device manager for the DP and also assign the DP device in WYG a value of 1,2,3, or 4.

Jacob, the key here in your particular setup with the RH and the W10 PC is to make sure that both the console and PC are set to obtain IP using dhcp. Then of course you need to make sure you have a DP8000 added in the WYG device manager and have it assigned to a number 1,2,3,4 and have that DP8000 device listed with a connected status. Once all that is running you need to make sure you bind the DP propery to the WYG universes. Then of course you need to make sure the console is setup properly. "Run visualizer stream" needs to be turned on in the launcher window and the visualizer node settings need to be configured as well. Art-net output does not need to be turned on. In fact, you might want to turn it off. My last troubleshooting step for you might be to try and bypass the router entirely just incase it is not able to route the traffic and try instead just to connect the console directly to the PC and assign static IP address to both.
  • I tried every thing I could nut still couldn't connect properly.
    Trying to connect Hog4 PC and WYG on same PC.
    But my Hog4 PC couldn't detect WYG.
    Turn off all firewall and connect WIFI router.
    See bellow for more refer.
    dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32803213/Hog4_Bug_Aki/WYG_127.png
    dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32803213/Hog4_Bug_Aki/WYG_DHCP.png
    Thank you for your helping.
    Aki