"Set"-ing wheel values

Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
edited September 2006 in Wholehog 3 General Discussion
Hey, it would be really great if we had the ability to type a wheel value directly via "Set" as a quicker way of getting the right value.

i.e. for Catalyst hold "Set" + touch wheel for "Library" or "File", then type the value rather than having to turn the wheel all the way to the right file number.

This could be useful for many other parameters too, CMY values, Focus/Zoom values.....

Comments

• Frankv1234Frankv1234 Registered User
    edited March 2006
    Yeah Yeah give us that !!!! :) :)

i suppose Marty is an old Avo user ??

Greetings
    Frank Verbeek
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited March 2006
    Actually I haven't really used an AVO board in about 10 years, it just seems like a good way to get at this stuff faster.

I'm an old Hog-2 guy. Started working with Hog-3 about 18 mos ago. :headbang:
  • bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited March 2006
    Marty,

You can perform an "in-place edit" with values that already exist in your editor. Just select a cell in the editor spreadsheet and press SET (or double click) and you can enter a value. Just remember that this is an "edit" function and does not work for entering new values, so you can touch the encoder first, then edit the cell to enter the value you desire.

thanks,
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited March 2006
    Brad,

:notworthy:
    Yes, this works, but it is not very fast especially when using large numbers of fixtures.

Having to hold PIG and arrow down or click & drag to select cells can take quite a bit of time every time you want to make a change.

What I'm asking is for a much faster method to edit fixtures that are already selected.

I do, however, very much appreciate the power of editing in spreadsheets!:arms:
    edited March 2006
    Marty,
    I logged item #9072 in regards to the specific feature request you are looking for.

thanks,
  • pepijnpepijn Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited August 2006
    A bit off topic,
    I'm working on an opera with a bunch of vl1000as fixtures. The desiner uses the framing system a lot! the blade's are seperated in 4 blade's with a 'motor A' and a 'motor B'. If i want to edit the spreadsheet cells i can only adit the 'motor A' values....
    Is there a way to edit the 'motor B' or is this a bug?

Grtz, Pepijn

PS Hog III, 1 DP2000. sw 1.3.8 (1014)
    edited August 2006
    Pepijn,

This problem is part of bug #3730 and it is all related to teh fact that the two shutter parameters share the same cell. I have added your comments to the bug.

thanks,
  • jxgriffijxgriffi Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited August 2006
    pepijn wrote:
    A bit off topic,
    I'm working on an opera with a bunch of vl1000as fixtures. The desiner uses the framing system a lot! the blade's are seperated in 4 blade's with a 'motor A' and a 'motor B'. If i want to edit the spreadsheet cells i can only adit the 'motor A' values....
    Is there a way to edit the 'motor B' or is this a bug?

Grtz, Pepijn

PS Hog III, 1 DP2000. sw 1.3.8 (1014)
    Pepijn,

In dealing with VL1000's, I have a dedicated page that puts each motor on a fader for all fixtures (8 faders total). That way I can use the faders to set the shutter cut, touch the fixtures and record the pallette that way. It's a quick way to deal with the shutters.

Hope it helps....
    j
  • SourceChildSourceChild Registered User
    edited September 2006
    jxgriffi wrote:
    Pepijn,

In dealing with VL1000's, I have a dedicated page that puts each motor on a fader for all fixtures (8 faders total). That way I can use the faders to set the shutter cut, touch the fixtures and record the palette that way. It's a quick way to deal with the shutters.

Hope it helps....
    j

:offtopic: :hijacked:

OMG! I love this! Yes I totally understand dealing with Framing.

A great addition to this feature is to create 8 cuelists with cues at 5 degree increments. Anytime I'm dealing with frames (a lot), I use my cuelist window as my stepper.
    At the top of my cuelist, I place my shutter frames in an orientation that corresponds to the actual shutter layout where I have two on the first row, two down a column to the left, two down a column to the right, and two on the 4th row. This places the shutter where I can see them as they are orientated in the light. Actually, truth be know I use 8 more cuelist with macros that step backward through my 8 shutter lists. Also, I have labeled the cuelists by the frame number so that when I fine tune, I actually grab the right one.

Good idea dude!:headbang:
  • SourceChildSourceChild Registered User
    edited September 2006
    bradpepe wrote:
    Marty,
    I logged item #9072 in regards to the specific feature request you are looking for.

thanks,

Brad! This is a golden feature! We would love it!
    Mostly because it's hella easier to record the first time than to open an editor. I mean would literally save tons on hour programming Catalyst.