Select a fixture then Touching a wheel, or touch button takes fixture to default values

Hi,

So, I'm extremely comfortable on a Hog3 with Version 3.2.6 software....about 60 shows per year for the last 10 years.

Just got a Hog 4, been using it for a month. Nice, just new stuff I don't know, haven't been here for so long my ID was deleted...guess I should check in more often. So if you look me up and see I've been registered for 10 minutes thats why....enough rambling.

To the point.

I can't figure out what I did on the Hog 4 this week:
When I have any fixture active,
When I select the fixture, as soon as I move any wheel, that parameter goes to the default. Its never done this on the Hog3 to me.

The bad thing is this: If I move the pan wheel, pan and tilt go to 0 degrees pan 0 degrees tilt. Same for Intensity, if the light is full, and I just touch the intensity wheel, it goes to 0 intensity.

I want it so that If I've got a fixture at 45/45 when I select and touch the pan/tilt it stays at 45/45 instead of flying to 0/0.
Also, If I have a light on, and I touch it, Intensity goes to 0

It means I can't edit anything on the fly in my shows.

So, reading the manual, seems I could hold a key down to take me to defaults, but, I'm not holding down a key, and I can't figure out if I've got a stuck key. I've removed the external keyboard. No better.

I've also gone back in time to first day's backup, loaded that, no avail.
I've also built a new show and imported palettes from an early show that worked fine...

Is this a preferences setting ?
Do preferences "persist" in the desk when I load different shows ?

Any insight is appreciated. Sorry for the long dissertation.

Thanks,
Mike