Major networking problems with PC server and my brand new road hog

v 3.1.0(b1078)
driver version 3.1.00.224
Qt version 4.7.0
OS version windows 6.2
Processer type intel(r) core TM i3-3217u cpu @ 1.8 GHZ

i can't get my road hog to consistently see my server . I log off and unplug and move all day . then re log into the show, the Road hog console does not see my server.
also, my server crashes about once every 2 hours. Im rigging for the next week but start show soon . please help.

Comments

• evillightingevillighting Registered User
    Hi Michael, I ended up patching and programming straight on my Road hog and then doing the forensics later on in the day when my rigging crew went home.My ip had been changed on my PC for a Networking demo ( ironic)
    I had paid attention to that when i started her up again but did not reboot properly to change it .The thing that threw me is the spotty connection.
    I also took Hog 4 off my PC then put it back on. have no idea if that helped fix it or not.
    I had no other hardware between my server and Lap top except Cat6 cable
    I worked on my Road hog and saved to thumdrive,Loaded it on to server.
    Crashes were not total crashes, just screen freeze while i was working on the connection issue

It ended up connecting solid at the end of the day , i logged off and rebooted numerous times
    Thank you
    Hi Michael, I ended up patching and programming straight on my Road hog and then doing the forensics later on in the day when my rigging crew went home.My ip had been changed on my PC for a Networking demo ( ironic)
    I had paid attention to that when i started her up again but did not reboot properly to change it .The thing that threw me is the spotty connection.
    I also took Hog 4 off my PC then put it back on. have no idea if that helped fix it or not.
    I had no other hardware between my server and Lap top except Cat6 cable
    I worked on my Road hog and saved to thumdrive,Loaded it on to server.
    Crashes were not total crashes, just screen freeze while i was working on the connection issue

It ended up connecting solid at the end of the day , i logged off and rebooted numerous times
    Thank you
    ^^^ YES my Road hog will not boot up with external monitor . I unplug the monitor from the back and she boots up fine to the launch page then i screw in my monitor and launch the show she's fine.
    #### Also Road hog will not boot up with external monitor plugged in
  • Michael_GrahamMichael_Graham Registered User, Super Moderator, HES Staff
    What is the IP of your computer?
    What is the IP of your RH?
    Do you have anything else on the network?
  • niyazniyaz Registered User
    my RH4 also not connect an external monitor, the monitor is connected version 2.2 , 3.1 is not working
    Glad you are up and running, my guess was some sort of IP conflict.

OK now on to the monitor problem, is this a touchscreen monitor?
    Can you provide the monitor type, manufacture and model type and part number?

What do you mean by will not boot up?
    Launcher never appears?
  • niyazniyaz Registered User
    the problem occurs on all external monitors that I connect to the console when the console appears on two monitors saver "high end systems" is loaded to start the console window ( selection window shows) and then turn off the main console screen and on an external monitor, an error ( attached photo). I hope I'm clearly explained the problem) )))
    https://yadi.sk/i/COdUG6FFi9GYv
    Please provide the Type of monitor you are using and the part number of the monitor.
    sorry for the delay in getting back
    Road Hog 4 client
    Version 3.0
    Hog PC Main server
    niyaz said exactly the same thing thats happening to me. It happens with all external monitors I try. If the console is OFF at the switch then turn ON at the switch, the console sends error texts and Highend splash screen will not even come on.
    disconnect the monitor, the hog starts up.
    At this point I can connect the monitor and a small blip happens on the screen while I connect it.
    I connect to my show and bring up my view and everything is fine.
    a work around i guess
    Is this a monitor we list in the manual?
    What is the exact monitor you are using?
    Need the model and part number.
    Ok , so for what its worth , no my monitor is not on the list, but still works out of VGA port if I plug in to VGA after the splash screen to join my show on the Hognet network

and to keep with my original post about networking , when i upgraded to 3.2
    i made sure to reinstate my ip addresses
    I installed system everything fine all ( except being able to log off as a client)
    All ips were correct

then ... ran my show for 2 days and noticed somehow my road hog had the default ip of 127.31.0.1 and still logged on to my server with the ip of 192.168.185.1
    DHCP was off
    ( this is after upgrade to 3.2) re imaged from Linux stick
    I had total control over my show for 2 days
    and the ip addresses were totally out of range of each other .
    admitting Im not the most knowledgable of all things , but I know thats kinda weird , don't you think?
    Hog PC server 3.2
    2 netgear 1000mbs unmanaged switches
    1 beloved Road hog
    1 dell E2014T out of VGA output on road hog

thank you for your patience and support

~:> ~:> I swear Im not related to chicken little :D
    Sorry for not getting back to you sooner!
    You are correct some monitors that are not listed in our manual will in fact work but have not been tested.
    The ones listed in the manual have been fully tested.

The client log off was a defect that has been fixed in the 3.2.1 release.

Normally when you see a 127 ip it means a network cable is not plugged.
    Hate to ask but are you sure you looked at the HogNet tab and not the FixtureNet tab?
    The 127 IP was seen on the RH and not on the PC?
    yes , I discovered this anomaly with Mr Ben Richards . He noticed it when he came by my stage to check out log off problem before it was reported. first thing he did was check my network window and saw that
    and was in Hognet network tab.
    Hello,

Is your network solid now or are you still having problems?