Change Type to Multipart FIxture

Hi,
Ok simple enough scenario.
I have a show programmed with CMY fixtures..i arrive at a festival and they have CMY fixtures that are patched as multipart
01 x Master/03 x Cell/01 Aura.
So I now have a few choices either change type to the master and keep the Pan/Tilt/Intensity information of my show,
change type to the cells and keep the colour information or change type to the Aura and gain nothing an lose all programming.
There must be a better and more straightforward way to keep the integrity of programming intact at this point even if it is within the patch/change type so that you can allow the console to group multipart fixtures and for the console to see them as a single fixture?
Who wants to reprogram an entire show to use a fixture in extended or multipart mode and gain nothing.

That's all,
C

• You're right, multi part fixtures need to be implemented properly.
    For now the work around is to replicate your original fixture so you can change type to each part. So in your example you replicate four copies so you have five fixtures and change type to master, cells and aura. Build some groups and off you go.
    You probably knew that though... :)
  • Hey,
    No I've never tried that method.
    Not sure if it would be quicker to reprogram than try to use all the new replicated fixtures?
    Do you use this method a lot?
    Mac Quantum wash fixtures in extended mode seem to be my current headache.

Cheers C
  • I do it regularly going into festivals with a preprogrammed show.
    Just be methodical about your fixture numbers and patching can be pretty quick too.
    If my original fixture was 101 then (in your example) I make the master 1011, the cells 1012>1014 and the aura 1015. Its then easy to remember the numbers and you can patch in blocks quite easily.
    You have your show intact, and if you have the time (and desire) you can add in the extra functions of that fixture.
    Obviously it's best if you can do all this in advance, it can be a bit of a head scratcher.
  • It is very easy with replicate and then change the type like Leggy said...

Just the other way round is more difficult... But "cure" for that problem is on the way
  • I tested this yesterday and will explain what i did.
    I've got a show which contains 12 Robe Robin 300 on mode 2. So the movind LED wash is just 1 fixture which has Pan, tilt, cmy/rgb color mixing, zoom and some macro/effects channels. Fixture numbers are 301 > 312.

Go into Patch view
    301 thru 312 enter
    replicate fixture

Do this 4 times so you will get fixture 301 thru 360

301 thru 312 renumber them to 301.1 thru 312.1 and change type them to Robe Robin 300 M1 Motion part
    313 thru 324 renumber them to 301.2 thru 312.2 and change type them to Robe Robin 300 M1 Cell
    325 thru 336 renumber them to 301.3 thru 312.3 and change type them to Robe Robin 300 M1 Cell
    337 thru 348 renumber them to 301.4 thru 312.4 and change type them to Robe Robin 300 M1 Cell
    349 thru 360 renumber them to 301.5 thru 312.5 and change type them to Robe Robin 300 M1 Beam

Patch all the fixtures like: 301 thru 312 @ 3/1 and BAM! Universe 3 is filled with your compound LED fixture instead of your normal LED wash.
    All of your programmed positions, colour etc will work. ColorFX also work as expected.
    Thumbs up for this feature!
  • How do you make a compound fixture? I have the single LED RGB cell fixture. now i just need to combine 150 of them to make it a 150 cell LED bar. and then replicate that 6 times.

Thanks
  • You cant do ir on your own
    Just use dotted user numbers. So in your case you need 900 RGB cells.
    A compound fixture does this under the hood ;)
    So it looks like you only have 6 fixturers, but you have 900...

When using dotted user-numbers the same thing happens.